Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've read a few really positive reviews, looks like Buds has one for around 815. Tempting.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I kinda wanted one till I watched a very detailed comparison between this and the CZ P07. I'd share the video with you but I'm mobile and lazy :)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
the debate between the Sphinx SDP and the CZ-P07 or P09 is like the debate between a Springfield TRP and a Wilson Combat CQB.

The Springfield is a great gun. Tons of features and everything you could want in a 1911. The Wilson is a true work of art and craftmanship.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I kinda wanted one till I watched a very detailed comparison between this and the CZ P07. I'd share the video with you but I'm mobile and lazy :)
I read that too, and it was one of those "the cheaper gun is better because it's cheaper" but did you see the groups the Sphinx was shooting? Yeow.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the debate between the Sphinx SDP and the CZ-P07 or P09 is like the debate between a Springfield TRP and a Wilson Combat CQB.

The Springfield is a great gun. Tons of features and everything you could want in a 1911. The Wilson is a true work of art and craftmanship.
Bingo. Well put.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
The groups were nice, but I've seen lesser guns do just as well. The over all fit and finish are not as I would expect either, in the video the P07 looked almost as well made, better in some areas. To each his own I guess but I left the video no longer seeing the value in a gun I was just about to order locally.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The groups were nice, but I've seen lesser guns do just as well. The over all fit and finish are not as I would expect either, in the video the P07 looked almost as well made, better in some areas. To each his own I guess but I left the video no longer seeing the value in a gun I was just about to order locally.
Interesting, we do tend to like pretty much the same guns in most cases so I appreciate your feedback on it. It's such a cool looking gun, the quality is supposed to be top notch, and it's CZ based and I love CZ based guns. I'm not ready to buy but I am tempted.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Interesting, we do tend to like pretty much the same guns in most cases so I appreciate your feedback on it. It's such a cool looking gun, the quality is supposed to be top notch, and it's CZ based and I love CZ based guns. I'm not ready to buy but I am tempted.
I'm not disagreeing completely, I just felt underwhelmed after watching the video. I truly wasn't expecting the CZ, especially the fit and finish to stand up so well to the Sphinx.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Do they still make the full-size based off of the CZ-97? That thing was wicked accurate. And cost on par with a Wilson..

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I don't think they're still making the 45 or the older 3000. As of now the SDP is all that Kriss is importing. My LGS can only get the SDP compact at this time with the hybrid polymer /aluminum frame.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
They're good looking pistols. I haven't laid my hands on one yet but I don't think I'd mind one.

I gotta get a classic CZ first though. Unless I stumble on an SP-01 tactical...

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What the hell, I just ordered it.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Range report asap
Crappy Buds I probably won't see it for a week to 10 days, but yeah as soon as I do I'll post a report.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have a marvelous problem.
I have a long list of problems, an inability to pass on a gun I don't need but really want is only one of them.

The rest of my problem list is too depressing for the hive.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hear ya. I too am just entirely too damn good looking.
LOL!

That's NOT a problem I suffer with.

When I like a platform I like to own the best (or one of the best) of that platform, hence the Sig X5 and Super Match or the Nighthawk. I love the CZ platform and this seems like somewhat of a pinnacle of the platform. I watched a bunch of stuff on it and the more I saw the more I wanted it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts