Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys help me find a rifle length rail system that will go over this gas block? It's a .936" bull barrel with a Syrac gas block on it... I prefer smooth / keymod or similar, but I just need something that works... A quick google search says the Provectus line by Head Down products might work. Any ideas?

I know a Nordic Comp NC-1 handguard doesn't work... >.<

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've contacted Head Down about their Provectus line, Rainer Arms about their EVO line, and Daniel Defense about their 12" Free Float

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Only other ones I can think of that may work are the RRA Half-Quad, or an older YHM Quad rail, both of which will be right even with, or just shy of covering the gas block though...

What brand barrel is it? Most AR bull barrels are .750" at the gas block, trying to cover a big honkin' .936" rifle length gas barrel is going to be tough.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In my mind, I need something with a minimum inside diameter of 1.46" (round up to 1.50") and a slot on top that's .95" above the center of bore, is sized just over 0.40"... Sounds like any of those that I've contacted will probably work.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I thought in another thread you said it was a mid-length gas system?

If that's the case, any rifle gas length hand guard with the correct inside diameter will cover the gas block.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought in another thread you said it was a mid-length gas system?

If that's the case, any rifle gas length hand guard with the correct inside diameter will cover the gas block.
Carbine length... The reason I went with a $115 Syrac Ordnance adjustable gas block.

It's not necessarily covering it, it's fitting over it that's proving difficult. I think I was just stuck on the tube look, maybe the smooth handguard with a rail on the top will work because of the circle plus the square on top profile... if that makes any sense at all.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Carbine length... The reason I went with a $115 Syrac Ordnance adjustable gas block.

It's not necessarily covering it, it's fitting over it that's proving difficult. I think I was just stuck on the tube look, maybe the smooth handguard with a rail on the top will work because of the circle plus the square on top profile... if that makes any sense at all.
I believe that DD Modular smooth rail should fit over it, if your specs are right. It's 1.61", so you should be good right?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I think so... as long as the cut out for the rail on the top is tall enough (which if it is in the same plane as the top of the receiver, I should be good.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I just measured my MI G2SS, ID is 1.4", height from bore centerline is good at 1.1", but the set screw area at the bottom would be touching or very tight.

So, with that in mind, any name brand float tube with an advertised OD over 1.5" should work for you.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks man.

I did some more measuring... looks like the ID will have to be 1.60" to clear the screws, and there has to be 1" between the center of the bore and the bottom of the pictanny rail

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, think I got this one figured out... A Seekins Precision MCSR rail (1.8" ID) with a turned out barrel nut (ID from 1.005" to 1.055") and I should be good to go!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts