Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching a XDM 4.5 10mm at a LGS, asking $499. Today in another shop, I looked at a new XDM Elite 4.5 10mm. For a hundred bucks more than the used one, I get a new gun and 6 mags. I really like the new trigger and the gun feels incredibly light for its size. This could get expensive.......quick. I also fondled a Hellcat Pro. I'm sure I can justify these somehow, I just have to figure out where I'll sleep since it's Winter and the garage isn't heated. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may be saved, brought the Shield EZ home to her tonight and she really liked it. :D The XDM10 is on lay-a-way for a couple more days and I can sneak it in while she's quilting. I should be ashamed........not. This one is used, but like new with the zippered bag, spare mag, back straps, and manuals. I'm kind of surprised, the trigger on it is crisp and the reset is very short. Other than a holster, some more mags, and a bunch of ammo, she's good. And I get another month of free range use. :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A quick question about mags. Locally they're running about $35 to $40 each, where are you getting deals these days? I have no problem paying the price, but I'd rather not pay HK and Sig mag prices if I don't have to.

Registered
A quick question about mags. Locally they're running about $35 to $40 each, where are you getting deals these days? I have no problem paying the price, but I'd rather not pay HK and Sig mag prices if I don't have to.
These guys sometimes have deals on magazines. Like everything else prices have gone up. I had picked up some for $28 when everyone else was charging $35-40.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I found them and after a search, they show the ones I'm searching for out of stock. I'll check back though, $28 isn't bad.

Registered
Thanks. I found them and after a search, they show the ones I'm searching for out of stock. I'll check back though, $28 isn't bad.
Here鈥檚 another place to check for mags and all kinds of goodies.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be picking this up Wednesday and will fire it at their range to check things out. It has the front FO sight, and I assume the correct sight picture for the M is 6 o'clock, same as the XD. I won't rush to swap sights as I want to see how these work out, but due to the small size of the fiber, I am inclined to want something more robust. I have Truglo TFO's on my XD and am inclined to go that route, but I'm always open to suggestions.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The XDm 10 comes home tomorrow, and by the looks of things another XD Mod2 45 may be waiting to join it. I've been looking at the G30 for some time, but this little sub-compact fits my hand better and would make a great backup to the XD45 Service. I swear they're seeding the display case just for me. ;)

Registered
The XDm 10 comes home tomorrow, and by the looks of things another XD Mod2 45 may be waiting to join it. I've been looking at the G30 for some time, but this little sub-compact fits my hand better and would make a great backup to the XD45 Service. I swear they're seeding the display case just for me. ;)
Well,, ya got two hands don鈥檛 ya?? One fer each! :D There was a time a little while back that I thought the atf was gonna send me a license. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At this rate, I'll need four hands but the SC 45 Mod 2 just hits the sweet spot for ergos. They also have a used Hellcat, not optics ready, but I'm not really an optics fanatic right now. For now, the priority is getting the 10mm picked up and hitting the range. Range report to follow. :D

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The XDm 10 is home. I did a quick check and lube at the shop and took it to their range. 50 rounds of 180gr Blazer brass shot between 5 and 7 yards. The first aimed shot was Com and dotted the C on the torso. Second shot punched the B in head. From there I scattered everything else doing aimed shots, controlled pairs, triples, and a mag dump. Recoil isn't anything to get alarmed about, ejection as has been stated was very strong bouncing brace off the lane divider and landing it 4 lanes down. I'll look into a 20 or 22lb recoil spring, maybe a solid recoil rod.

The trigger is much better than my XD, breaking cleanly and with a reset much shorter than the XD as well. When shooting controlled pairs, I only had one time where I didn't quite hit the reset.

I'm going to try a different color light pipe on the front. The red works well, but I have some green and yellow pipes that I'm interested in trying.

The mags have the same issue as the .45 mags, too much leg on the followers, so I'll shorten those a little. As they are, without the use of a Uplula, getting the last round in the mag is all but impossible. Racking the slide on this M is far easier than the slide on the XD45. Overall, I like it. It's accurate, recoil isn't punishing in any way, and it functioned flawlessly.

If I get the urge to carry it, she's loaded with Hornaday Custom 155gr XTP's and resides in a Victory Crusader holster. The Victory is awesome, it can be set up as an IWB or OWB holster and all the hardware needed to do that is included. I tried it IWB this afternoon and it's amazing how well it carries such a large firearm.

It came with a grip similar to the Talons on it, and though I tend to use the Talon Pro's, I think I'll stick with this one for now. A few pics for you. Sorry, I didn't bring my phone on the range, so no pics of the target.

Product Air gun Trigger Material property Gun barrel

White Black Material property Everyday carry Fashion accessory

Everyday carry Hunting knife Knife Blade Fashion accessory

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Getting ready for the next range trip. I tore down the slide, cleaned and polished the striker as well as removing a small burr from the striker channel edge, then put it all back together including a new PRP striker retaining spring pin. The red light pipe was removed and a new green one installed. I have a 20lb Wolff recoil spring and a Talon Pro grip on the way. Although the trigger is far better than the one on the XD45, I'm considering putting a PRP trigger kit in it all the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the new 20# recoil spring and Talon grip installed today. I may get to the range Monday so I can see how the spring works out, plus I'll get a chance to try the PRP trigger kit I installed in the XD.45. If it works as well as I think it will, I'll order up another for the XDm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts