Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mini 14 are awesome kick ass rifles.

The newer Mini 14 with the heavy hammered forged barrels are blowing the AR'S away.

We need a place of our own so we can commune.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
Blowing the ARs away not really. Mini is a fine gun but AR is a better weapon.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A key attractant to the Mini-14 systems is the amount of reliability and now accuracy provided by such a cost-effective platform. At $650 or so US Dollars, few tactical carbines can compete (perhaps the also-excellent Kel-Tec SU-16). I recommend against expensive modifications to the Mini-14 as that will erase this value advantage as the AR-15 and AK platforms still offer amazing versatility and capabilities at those more-elevated price levels. But as proven now in TNP, the newer Mini-14s are a whole different animal from the guns of yesteryear. Truly the Underdog has arrived.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
I am not saying the mini isnt a fine rifle. But the AR platform can be anything from a pistol to a 308 battle rifle to a sniper rifle. You can use a DI system or piston etc. Also in a SHTF situation parts are readily available.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
You can find 20rd Mini 14 mags (factory) for about 24 bucks if you look around.

Not terribly expensive and they last forever.

I am still rocking a 1976 made Mini 14 and it is still going strong. Not as accurate as an AR, but Dad paid 170 dollars for it in 1976 and it eats everything I throw in it!

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
I think we tried a minni 14 section but once things got heated we were all over the target.

·
Premium Member
128,295 Posts
You can find 20rd Mini 14 mags (factory) for about 24 bucks if you look around.

Not terribly expensive and they last forever.

I am still rocking a 1976 made Mini 14 and it is still going strong. Not as accurate as an AR, but Dad paid 170 dollars for it in 1976 and it eats everything I throw in it!

Adjusting for inflation, that comes to the equivalent of $643.73 in today's currency.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's a excellent rifle in skilled hands!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts