Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two home defense guns now, and for a while the trigger has bothered me on my XD40 4". It cuts my finger after firing 50+ rounds.

I've been renting a USP-9 lately and I really like it. I'm considering trading my XD in for a USPc40 or a FNP/X 40.

Opinions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
the fnp 40 is a great shooting gun. i dont own one but have shot one in the past. very accurate and the trigger wont bother your trigger finger. has very nice ergonomic grip. i beleive you would like this gun

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think the XD is a phenominal gun but the gun you use has to feel comfortable to the shooter or it isn't going to help anything. I have a buddy who has a USP and he loves it! I have also heard some bad things on the FNX due to the aggressive grip. I heard it begins to get tough in your hand while shooting repeatedly. Just my own opinion.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I have two home defense guns now, and for a while the trigger has bothered me on my XD40 4". It cuts my finger after firing 50+ rounds.

I've been renting a USP-9 lately and I really like it. I'm considering trading my XD in for a USPc40 or a FNP/X 40.

Opinions?
Trade it get what you want and what's comfortable to you.

I could care less if you own an XD or not you should be the one that makes the decision.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Interested in how your xds trigger cut you. Have you tried sanding any sharp edges? I know that pm9 owners often file down thier slide stop levers. I just believe that this would be more cost effective IF you are otherwise happy with the xd.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its weird, the trigger only bothers me with my right index finger, shooting lefty is no problem. Also, now that I have a revolver (S&W model 10), I'd rather like to have a pistol that I can keep cocked and locked. I live in IL so I can't carry anyway.

I've been thinking of having the trigger sanded/redone for a flat trigger (w/o safety thingy) and have the optional thumb safety added, because I shoot the gun well. Do y'all think this would cost more than just upgrading to the fnp?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts