Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm deploying to Iraq in January and thinking about selling my XD45 before I go. I'm not sure what I should ask for it though, any suggestions or anyone intrested? It's only a few months old and has had about 300 rounds through it at the range. It would include a GunVault and Streamlight TLR-1, along with the original carry case and accesories. I'm in Southern California if anyone is intrested.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Do not sell it! You gotta have it waiting here for when you return.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Why sell it? You in need of some money? I'd just hold onto it so it'll be here on your safe return. Hell after the new administration you may not be able to buy one when you get back :p

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Have you every kicked yourself for selling a gun? Take it from someone who has, don't sell it!!!

God's blessings on your deployment, and my prayers are with you. Thank you for your service to our country.

PS - You can sell it only if you are trading for an AR. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
153 Posts
FWIW, I too regret every single firearm I have ever sold. Even those I sold when I really needed money. In hindsight, I shoulda sold a kidney or something.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The GunVault & Streamlight can be replaced when you return. But as others have said, with the Upcoming Anti-Gun President & all His Anti-Gun Buddies, you might not be able to buy another XD45 when you return. But, if you leave it here in your name in a SAFE place, it'll be here when you return. I have been in a fix before & I have a GOOD Friend that I sold a Gun to. He held it for me till I got on my feet & re-sold it back at the same Price. He never even fired it. If you have a Friend you can Trust that much, it's a Good Idea. The Pawn Shop will Rip You Off! And you'll probably never get what it's actually worth from an Individual.
KEEP THE Gun, sell the Light & GunVault.
Be Safe over there & come back Healthy & Uninjured! God Be With You!
PM me with a price for the Streamlight. I may just buy that from you. I will put it on my XD45 I don't have. ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
From my experience you will be lucky to get 50 cent on the dollar from a gun shop, maybe more from an individual. From experience, I concur, don't sell it.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thank you very much for your service Sir.

God bless you and the men and women who serve with you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for your service to the nation. I agree with others if you can I'd hold on to it. Who know if you will be able to get another a year from now

-Eric

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
The GunVault & Streamlight can be replaced when you return. But as others have said, with the Upcoming Anti-Gun President & all His Anti-Gun Buddies, you might not be able to buy another XD45 when you return.
Be Safe over there & come back Healthy & Uninjured! God Be With You!
MarineDoc first let me say that we honor your service here at the forum. Too bad someone can't hold it for you while you serve.
The irony in what XDfan4ever said is that MarineDoc will be putting his life on the line for our country when he returns possibily not be allowed to excercise his 2A rights.
What the heck is this country coming to? I think the Libs should leave and start their own country and write their own constitution.
My father who served in WWII and the Korean War has to be turning over.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
I have a brother at Camp Pendleton Pm me if you are intrested in leaving it with him if you have no other options. However I think he to might deploy with in the next six months. I wouldn't sell it though, and I wouldn't leave it at the armory, after seeing M9's all day the guys there will always play with your XD. I would take it and leave it with a family member.

·
Registered
708 Posts
MarineDoc first let me say that we honor your service here at the forum. Too bad someone can't hold it for you while you serve.
The irony in what XDfan4ever said is that MarineDoc will be putting his life on the line for our country when he returns possibily not be allowed to excercise his 2A rights.
What the heck is this country coming to? I think the Libs should leave and start their own country and write their own constitution.
My father who served in WWII and the Korean War has to be turning over.
MarineDoc, I too Honor You & Your Service. And I HOPE that when you return, you can buy an XD45. But I must agree with XDragon, the Libs need to leave & start their own Country. They need to leave OUR Constitution Alone! Which is what you'll be Defending while serving. God Bless You for that too! We don't know right now what B.O. and Congress will do to the 2nd Amendment. But what we DO know, is Obama, Biden, Reid & Pelosi are ALL Anti-Gun. On Record as such. It is so Ironic that the Very Thing that Liberated this Country from Britain is under attack from our Own Government. It's Pathetic at least.
MarineDoc, Come Home Safe. Many Prayers will be with you. I hope you KEEP your XD45 by leaving it with a Trusted Family Member or Friend.
Just in case the 2nd Amendment gets Trashed by The Mentioned ones.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
I'm deploying to Iraq in January and thinking about selling my XD45 before I go. I'm not sure what I should ask for it though, any suggestions or anyone intrested? It's only a few months old and has had about 300 rounds through it at the range. It would include a GunVault and Streamlight TLR-1, along with the original carry case and accesories. I'm in Southern California if anyone is intrested.

As a retired Soldier, don't sell your gun,,,,get a family care plan for it!!!
You'll save enough while your in theater to buy whatever you want. But if you gotta sell it, I'll buy it and promise you a no-profit buy back as a family care plan. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have to agree with others. DON'T SELL it! I sold my first 2 guns i ever bought way back when and I regretted ever since. Things might change for the worst over here while you're away and you might not be able to buy one when you return. Give it to someone you trust for safekeeping. Thank you for your service.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts