Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my problem, I have been thinking about buying an xdm, but then found out they dont come in 45 apc.

This is my choice, either buy a new Xdm 40 sw, or buy a used colt 45apc modeled after the 1911 for 600.

I have never fired a striker style gun and dont know what to make of it, I have read that getting a trigger job will help take up some of the slop but dont really want to spend to much after the original purchase.

I would like to get into target shooting and maybe eventually get my CCW.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Many people have already said this but I'll say it again, the 1911 is not the most reliable gun out of the box unless you are looking at one of the high end guns which are a lot more than $600. If you want a reliable 45ACP under $600 that works well as a range gun or conceal carry gun then you will find the XD45 Compact hard to beat. You can have an excellent smooth trigger for less than $75 total. Without a shortened grip the XD(M) is not that easy to conceal. However if you are willing to try to conceal a 1911 Government model then I think you would be farther ahead with and XD(M)40 which holds twice the ammo and out of the box a better gun. I think everyone should own at least one 1911 in their life time to appreciate the beauty of the John Browning design but if I could only have one gun the 1911 would not be on the top of my list of options.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a SA 1911 milspec that I have had for a year, I have had my XDm for two months. I would take the XDm over the 1911 if I had to make a choice. I still very much like my 1911 and have no plans of getting rid of it, in fact having a XDm has only made me start upgrading my 1911 to a more acurate pistol.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Seems to me that the XDm would be a bit large for most ppl to CCW (not that it can't be done) but it is a great gun. I'm certainly glad I purchased mine. Love shooting it.

Plus I think it really makes a fantastic home defense weapon. Perfect for your nightstand gun etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts