Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an FNP-45 that I really enjoy. I've had a few FTFs out of it, but otherwise no other problems. The real problem I'm having currently is the fact that everyone, including FNUSA is sold out of black magazines for it. Both them and midwestgunworks have no clue when they will be back in stock (I called in March and got 60-90 days and today was unknown). It's kind of annoying when you can't find magazines for your gun. Overall, the gun is built well, but the quality isn't quite up to XD/Glock standards.

It's only got about 300 rounds through it, so I thought about trading it for an XDm-45. I haven't had any issues with my XD-9 and I won't have any issues with an XDm-45 either. I'll also be able to get magazines! I would only be losing a round or two per mag, no biggie. I could probably get $500 for the FNP on gb and get the XDm from buds for not too much more.

Just like the FNP, its mostly a range/open carry gun. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Get the XDm! I looked into an FNP USG .45 ACP before I bought my XDm .45 ACP. I liked the looks of the FNP but did some research at FN Forums and found issues like you mention. Nothing major, just enough to be annoying. I haven't had any failures with my XDm and with the PRP Match Easy trigger kit I installed, this pistol is a tackdriver. I'm sure you'll be pleased. ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm waiting until mid-August when I get my bonus. If I still can't find FNP mags by that time, I'm probably going to trade it for the XDm. It's pretty cool that the gun ships with three mags, but I like to have at least five for each pistol.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've also considered the FNP but low and behold I have an XDM 45. it's never jammed dispite the dirty WWII spamcan ammo I shoot out of it. it's accurate and I compare the recoil to an M9. it's the most comfortable pistol I've ever shot. you would not be disapointed

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just bought an XDM .45 will be here tomorrow - I am adding one more XDM after this it will be a compact in .40 that will round me out my current ccw is a gen4 G27 with Truglo TFO sights. This is the balls for a carry weapon. I am hoping the XDM compact can measure up in concealability?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts