Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a XDM 4.5 .40 bitone. I have been really wanting to go with the XDMc .40. Im thinking about trading the 4.5 for the compact. But while I want to obtain a small collection I know that you dont get there if you're trading guns all the time. The 4.5 is my EDC now but would become my secondary and the compact my EDC. I already have extra mags for the 4.5 and a CBST. Will the compact fit the same CBST?

I also have a shotgun that has been built that I would think about trading for the compact, but for home defense and shtf scenarios I would like to keep it also.

What should I do? I got the itch but dont know how to itch it....

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
The compact will fit in the CBST. There is no difference in the frame and slide size at all.

As far as trading. Unless you don't care about losing a little money on the deal. You could sell the 4.5 and then buy the 3.8 C.

Also the 4.5 mags will fit the 3.8. You'll just need to buy the sleeves to put on the mags.

I've traded guns though. I don't care about having a collection. All mine are shooters. Although I've really been wanting to ad a 1911.

Either way it's an XDM. My opinion the compact is more versatile. But I don't think any one here is going to try and help you make your decision.

That's all you.

What is the shotgun?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Why the collection? How many do you consider a collection? If you have guns that you don't shoot then why have them? If you have a XDMc that you can use a sleeve and have a full grip and the small mag to carry when would you use the 4.5? So if you do not use it then whats the point of having it?

Sorry I am not big on having things just to have. You will spend at least $500 more by keeping the 4.5 and getting the XDMc. I would use for other things. Ammo comes to mind.

Just my .02

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
O and don't forget you can get the extra mags right now!

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Why the collection? How many do you consider a collection? If you have guns that you don't shoot then why have them? If you have a XDMc that you can use a sleeve and have a full grip and the small mag to carry when would you use the 4.5? So if you do not use it then whats the point of having it?

Sorry I am not big on having things just to have. You will spend at least $500 more by keeping the 4.5 and getting the XDMc. I would use for other things. Ammo comes to mind.

Just my .02
Pretty much my line of thinking. I own no safe queens. I have 2 XD's. a service and a SC in 9mm that is my girlfriend's. With about 10 fully loaded mags that are interchangeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts