Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like my XDs .45 but I also like the feel and the fact of having a few more rounds with the XDsc .9. I was also wondering about the felt recoil difference in the two.

I've found the felt recoil to be much lighter in the XDsc9 than the XDS45 or XDS9. That said I didn't get the XDS for a range gun but for CCW only. YMMV. tom.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I like my XDs .45 but I also like the feel and the fact of having a few more rounds with the XDsc .9. I was also wondering about the felt recoil difference in the two.
Switching to a heavier 9mm will give you less felt recoil. However, I would keep the XDs45 and get a XDsc9 if I had the choice. Having one of each and a few more to boot isn't a bad thing at all! ;)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I have a XDsc in 40 and just purchased a XDs 9 which has not shipped yet. I shot a XDs 45 before I made my choice. The recoil between the two guns was very similar due to the 40 s&w chambering in my XDsc. I wanted something a little thinner for summer time carry and had already sacrificed round count in my XDsc by going with the 40 caliber over the 9mm. I went with the XDs in 9mm because of round count and a little less recoil so my wife would possible shoot it. She won't touch my XDsc and I knew that the XDs 45 would be no different. The round count between my two guns is not the drastic difference you are considering. I currently carry 9+1 in my XDsc and will carry 7+1 in my XDs, unlike your choice of 5+1 currently and going to 13+1 in the 9mm XDsc. I really like shooting and carrying my XDsc 40 and shot the XDs 45 well. I look forward to shooting my XDs 9mm and the more comfortable carry it will offer for summer time carry. You can't go wrong with either gun, if you can afford it keep the XDs and buy the XDsc to compliment it in your carry rotation.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I carry an XD9SC daily and love it! With Speer Gold Dot 147 gr. JHP, the recoil just isn't there, and I can dump the mag into the 10 ring as fast as I can pull the trigger. It stays on target. I've added a PRP Ultimate Match trigger, TruGlo TFO sights, and a Pearce +1 mag extension for a 14+1 capability.

I've also shot the XDS45 and it's sweet, too. The recoil is a little more of course, but still not objectionable, but the round cont is what would sway me towards the SC.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I own both. I would never trade the 45acp for the XDSC. I would save up and get the XDSC I use my XDSC 9mm BT for my house gun and XDs 45acp for one of my CCW pistols. There are sometimes used ones on XD Talk at a very fair price. I would try to shoot the XDSC 9mm and see how you like it. I also have the 3.8 XDM c 9mm. I like my XDSC 9mm , better.
Good luck

·
Registered
430 Posts
I own both. I would never trade the 45acp for the XDSC. I would save up and get the XDSC I use my XDSC 9mm BT for my house gun and XDs 45acp for one of my CCW pistols. There are sometimes used ones on XD Talk at a very fair price. I would try to shoot the XDSC 9mm and see how you like it. I also have the 3.8 XDM c 9mm. I like my XDSC 9mm , better.
Good luck
I agree keep the xds45 and get the xdsub9

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Iv'e got the XDsc in a .40 and it's a sweet shooter. If you don't mind packing the "Fat Boy" it will certainly be a tactical upgrade. Just be aware of what your trading for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts