Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts, comments, etc. The trade would be with my brother who badly wants my CZ. I've fired the P38 before and it's smooth as silk and has the eagle emblem. Still kinda torn cuz I love my CZ.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Thoughts, comments, etc. The trade would be with my brother who badly wants my CZ. I've fired the P38 before and it's smooth as silk and has the eagle emblem. Still kinda torn cuz I love my CZ.
Well if its a trade with your bro, I'm sure he'd let you shoot it it when ya ask.

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Depending on condition, I've seen WWII P38s going for north of $300... sometimes well above that. I imagine, also, that CZ52s are easier to come by than WWII-era P38s. I think I would do the trade. As ta2dave76 said, it'd still be in the family.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm leaning towards the trade. I'm sure he'd let me use it once we did trade, but only prob is I'm in Phoenix and he's in the bay area. And ta2dave76, sorry 'bout your Caps, thought they'd go much further.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't remember the year offhand, but I think it's in the early 40s. And the maker is Mauser.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Early 40s are much more desirable, later in the war 44 45 the workmanship started to suffer. I say go for it sounds like it will be your gain. If you do get it posted some pictures I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Depending on condition, I've seen WWII P38s going for north of $300... sometimes well above that. I imagine, also, that CZ52s are easier to come by than WWII-era P38s. I think I would do the trade. As ta2dave76 said, it'd still be in the family.
North of $300? WELL north of $300. Like $500 north of $300.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
F the caps. Ill be pissed a them well into next season.

Back on topic- I love the old pistols. There's a 38 victory model s&w at my local shop I want.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the trade, just gotta get my CZ to CA and then the P38 back to AZ. I'll post up some pictures as soon as the swap is made.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay, here's my new dilema. My brother is in the bay area and I'm in AZ but it doesn't look like we're going to be meeting up anytime soon. Any suggestions on how to swap firearms without meeting up? Other than going to an FFL and having them send it to an FFL in CA, not sure how else to do it. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
dont guess you or your brother have your C&R license by chance? Spend the 30 bucks get your C&R. Have your brother do the same, its good for 3 years and you will save the 30 bucks (most likely) thefirst order you place at midway after you get it. Plus then you can get fun stuff like CZ82s and Mosins shipped straight to your door.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont guess you or your brother have your C&R license by chance? Spend the 30 bucks get your C&R. Have your brother do the same, its good for 3 years and you will save the 30 bucks (most likely) thefirst order you place at midway after you get it. Plus then you can get fun stuff like CZ82s and Mosins shipped straight to your door.
Yeah, neither of us have one, but that's probably the best idea. And I have been looking at the CZ-82s at J&G but haven't had the time to drive up there. I think I'm gonna look into the C&R. Thanks.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I love CZ-52's but I think I'd do the trade. the P38 is just a fantastic pistol. It points sooo much better than the goofy grip angle on the CZ

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have a Mauser P-38 that my Granddaddy brought back during WW2. Its slide and trigger are slick as glass and is very accurate. I don't shoot it as often as I would like due to its age. The serial number should start with BYF to be a Mauser. Here is a link to some variations and pics.

P.38 Pistols

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a Mauser P-38 that my Granddaddy brought back during WW2. Its slide and trigger are slick as glass and is very accurate. I don't shoot it as often as I would like due to its age. The serial number should start with BYF to be a Mauser. Here is a link to some variations and pics.

P.38 Pistols
Uhhhh, whut?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay kids, I finally made a trip back to PRC (People's Republic of California) and pulled the trigger on the trade, so to speak. It is a Mauser, byf43 so it's 1943 manufacture. It's in great condition with all matching numbers except for the mag. Yeah, he only had one mag and it's unmarked, looks like newer manufacture. I found a P38 forum and they claim they may be able to help me find matching mags so I'm gonna look. I will take some pictures sometime this week and post 'em up. I'm pretty happy about the trade and plan on taking it out to the range pretty soon. I've shot it before and loved it, which was one of the factors that made me pick it. My brother originally wanted to trade my the CZ52 for a Ballester-Molina but I was much more interested in the P38.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts