Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might want to sell my XD-45. What should I post it for?

XD-45 Bitone Stainless over black.
Originally Service, cut to Compact by Canyon Creek.
One Compact mag (10 rounds)
Six standard mags (13 rounds), two of which have the XD grip sleevs and AGP springs.
Springer sear and springs installed, with stock items sent along.
I polished the striker where it contacts the sear, and the pull is SWEET.
TFO yellow/green sights.
Don Hume 715 (black) IWB holster.
Factory XD gear
A second mag holder that was part of an accessory pack.
Factory XD case
Smaller factory SA case that the accessory packs came in.

Again, this is a consideration of mine, not an ad for sale... I'd likely drop it on Gunbroker, or something...

I'm thinking it's worth about $800 plus shipping in reality. I'd like to believe it's worth more, as it's a good shooting pistol.

If this kind of topic is not allowed, please delete.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I might want to sell my XD-45. What should I post it for?

XD-45 Bitone Stainless over black.
Originally Service, cut to Compact by Canyon Creek.<----- THAT'S gonna kill ya except for THE perfect buyer
One Compact mag (10 rounds)
Six standard mags (13 rounds), two of which have the XD grip sleevs and AGP springs.
Springer sear and springs installed, with stock items sent along.
I polished the striker where it contacts the sear, and the pull is SWEET.
TFO yellow/green sights.
Don Hume 715 (black) IWB holster.
Factory XD gear
A second mag holder that was part of an accessory pack.
Factory XD case
Smaller factory SA case that the accessory packs came in.

Again, this is a consideration of mine, not an ad for sale... I'd likely drop it on Gunbroker, or something...

I'm thinking it's worth about $800 plus shipping in reality. I'd like to believe it's worth more, as it's a good shooting pistol.

If this kind of topic is not allowed, please delete.
Not a chance for $800 bro, I'm selling an XD-45Compact just because I don't have the room for it but accessories don't seem to add as much as WE think it should, the mags will be a big help though.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes sense...

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
$500 max. Even if I did want teh grip chop, I'd have it done myself. Getting that done doesn't add to the value of the gun, it takes away. The extra mags are worth a little extra...and I try not to buy any guns that have any work done by the owner.

You might pull $600 if you want to keep it up for sale for a while. I personally wouldn't pay over $500.

Not sure about Gun Broker, but I know people pay stupid amounts of money for stuff on ebay, so you might get a better price there.

This is based on being able to buy the gun locally for $525.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Sucks you want to sell it, if you can hold out until after the first of the year, it might be worth more than $600...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think guns are a no-no on ebay.

Yeah, after November, it might be worth a bit more...:(

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
There is always somebody who might be willing to pay you the $800 that you think the pistol is worth, but I think that the more likely and reasonable asking price will be south of $600 for the whole package. If you sell just the pistol with standard XD gear, the compact mag and two full cap mags with the grip sleeves, you can probably get somewhere close to $500. Then put the accessory kit back together and sell it for $50-75 (that seems to be about what they are selling for as shocking as that is). Then put the holster up on the board here for what...say...$20.

It is just hard to say because this is a tough item to sell because of: 1) the grip chop...even as good a job as Rich does on them; and 2) the "home" gunsmith work (not questioning your work...it is a safety/legal thing for a buyer).

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts