Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headline just about says it all, caliber would be 40. As for why a single stack, width matters with an IWB holster, at least to me it does.

·
Banned
3,651 Posts
BEST CCW choice you can make. Great for IWB or bellyband carry. I put in a replacement WOLFF mainspring (reduced weight) to help with that DA trigger pull. Nice and thin, disappears easily, lots of holsters to chose from, and a real tack driver.....what's not to like?

I'm hoping to find another 239 in their SAS or DAK model for my next concealed carry.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I just picked up my P239 SAS yesterday.
It will be my main carry gun.
The XD9sc will be retired to the nightstand gun.:cry:
I'll get some pics up soon I hope.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
when i purchased mine, i got it at a great price.. it was a red box (certified pre-owned) for just over $500 out the door.
i purchased it because i wanted a "plinker" compared to my .45 1911 habit.

i lucked out and picked up a nice C-Tac paddle holster for it, and have been wearing it around the house and i gotta say i just may carry it sometime myself.
even though its a low round count 9mm, i'd feel more than confident with it loaded with some +P's, and a couple mags on my waist

the advertised DA pull weight is 10lbs.. its one smooth 10lb trigger! and frankly i'd love to get hold of a DAK model and give that a test run.
get one.. its a great gun.

hey Myk9noseknows, what weight spring did you put in?

cheer

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to hear the positive responses. I plan on seeing if I can rent one at the range and see how it feels. My first choice was an S.A. EMP in 40 caliber but after checking into the cost of getting one in all black with the trigger guard and front strap checkered the total came in at about 1600 bucks, which makes the Sig seems like a real bargain.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Carried the 9mm for about 5 years. It is quite possibly the best carry pistol that SIG makes. I''ve since switched to the Glock 26, because it is smaller and I can get away with pocket carry, which is important in hot-as-blazes Florida. If it wasn't 90 degrees in October, I'd still carry it everyday.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Im in the same boat as the OP. How much bigger is it than the Walther PPS, Im trying to decide between the two.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have been carrying a 239 in .40 for almost a year now. I use a VMII, and it conceals very well. A set of Nill grips will fill out your hand a little more, and still not affect the concealability. Lots of folks get the Hogue finger groove grips, and I tried them, but they are so sticky that they kept getting hung up on my t-shirt.
Sometimes I think about getting one in 9mm just because it would be a little cheaper to practice with.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shot the P239 DAK at the range today, which is the only style they had for rental. Once I figured out how to hold the trigger at the point of break I found it to be a very accurate pistol. However, I do NOT like that DAK trigger so if I get one it will be the DA/SA version.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts