Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying a Sig sp2022. When I handled it, it felt pretty good in the hand and if there were grips that were slightly smaller that would be perfect. But the only thing that is holding me back is that when I called a few gun shops near where I live and they all said that the sp2022 was crap and but also they mentioned that the other Sig pistols were pretty good. So I am a bit curious on what are some of the main things that I should pay attention to?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I wouldn't be too worked up about what the clerks at the gunshops say. I've never heard any complaints about any Sig pistol, sp2022 included. If you have handled the pistol and like it, that is what really matters.

My guess as to why they would call the sp2022 crappy, and then turn around and praise other Sigs, is that they can turn a bigger profit by selling a p226, p229, p239, etc.

If you want a sp2022, don't worry about what they say. Get one and don't look back.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the SP2022 pistols. They are typical Sig quality and Sig will stand behind them if there should, by some very remote and highly unlikely chance that something would be wrong with the thing. Some people "bash" them because they are just somewhat of a departure from Sig's usual pistols like the P220, P226, P229, etc. because it uses a polymer instead of the alloy frame.

Don't believe most of what you hear from the gun store "counter jockeys" as they spend all their time getting fat and being lazy behind the counter and very little time actually shooting or researching the products they sell. They are there to make a buck (and while I don't blame them for that...it causes them to give some bad and very uninformed advice sometimes).

Check out the Sig Forum for more detailed info on the SP2022 (but watch out for flying poo...it can get a little intense on that board sometimes). ;)

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Many on the Sig Forums love the 2022 Sig Pros and swear by them. Nikon777 has alot of trigger-time on a Sig Pro and he loves it.

They were not very popular, but that does not mean they're sub-par. I have handled a few and they seem every bit as well made as my old P-series SIGs. I'd buy a 2022 Sig Pro long before I bought one of the newer solid slide P-series guns.

If it appeals to you...I'd say go for it.

- brickboy240

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
They are great guns. Dont listen to the counter jockeys. They are a world class polymer gun. They are FAR from crap. Very reliable, accurate and ergonomic. They also have an interchangeable back strap so if the grip is a tad small or big, its easily remedied.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll admit to being a metal frame bigot when it comes to SIGs. But my gunsmith carried a SIG "Pro" for a long time and loved it. That's about as good a recommendation as I know of.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I owned a brand new one for about 5 minutes. Quickly sold it while it was still a fad. Very glad not to be forced to carry it on duty.

The quality does not stand up to other Sig's IMO. The brick grip and angle is not the greatest in the world, (same for the trigger). not the same as other Sig's. It's very unbalanced in the hand, loaded or unloaded.

some like them, some don't. I HATED mine and was glad that I found a buyer for it. Unless someone is giving them away, I'd look for another handgun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts