Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on my way home from the range a few minutes ago and stopped off at McDonald's on the way to get some dinner. As I was pulling my money out, a few twenties and a stack of singles from last nights bachelor party leftover money fell on the ground.

Scruffy dude made a comment about the singles and we got to talking. He then followed me out of McD's and as we were walking accross the lot i noticed he was almost in lockstep behind me about 20 ft back.

I freed up my gun hand and lifted my overshirt over the gun and tucked it between the grip and my body which is how I comply w/ Ohio's plain sight rule, I just did it a few feet further from the vehicle than I normally would. At this point I heard the footsteps behind me stop and he started walking off a different direction.

Thank you CCW

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
One more reason to carry! I am glad you made the decision not to be a victim.

Raymond

·
Registered
688 Posts
Good thing you just left Sun night shootin' practice. You shot so well I am sure you were just overflowing with confidence. I am so-o-o-o-o-o-o PROUD of you Tony !!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Have you tried the "chicken select's?" They are pretty good! (tastes like chicken!) Plus, if you tell them that it's for your kiddo', they will give you one of those little tiny soft serve ice-cream cones... (Don't tell Corina, she doesn't like ice-cream as much as I do!)

Raymond

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great job aiformula!! Chalk another one up for the good guys.

I had a very similar situation happen to me at a Kroger store right before Christmas. It is amazing how the sight of the weapon on your side can make a BG re-think things.

This is another case that makes you think about the open vs concealed carry debate :?: .

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Plain sight rule??? So, you pretty much uncovered the weapon??? :?

I'm glad you're safe... :wink:

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is the type of story that makes me consider open-carry while waiting for the next CCW class. I've been keeping my gun in my truck in plain sight, but that leaves me defenseless when I'm away from it (not to mention the potential problem of it being stolen).

About a week back, I was walking into Walmart at about 3am. Directly in my path were 3 thug-looking guys that kept looking at me. This set off a few alarms in my head, so I came up with a gameplan if I had to get back to my truck (and gun) in a hurry. Trust me, that scenario didn't sound fun. Nothing ended up happening, but this got me thinking about why I have a gun in the first place, and why keeping it solely in my truck was keeping me unnecessarily defenseless.

·
Registered
768 Posts
glad nobody got hurt. 8)

·
Registered
32 Posts
aiformula said:
Was on my way home from the range a few minutes ago and stopped off at McDonald's on the way to get some dinner.
I live in Dayton as well (Beavercreek). Could you tell me what part of town this was in? Just curious.

Congrads on smart use of pistol. I think the best argument to carry one is the avoidance of violence. Nice job.

Paul

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul, West Carrolton. Usually a pretty quiet town. Quiet enough that when you get a speeding ticket every cop on duty ends up showing up to provide backup for the issuing officer.

quixdraw, yah, me too.

DNM, unfortunately that is the way the law states it. In plain sight to anyone (cops) who may approach the vehicle. Most people I've talked to have adopted this as the way to carry whether IWB or OWB. I know, it's BS that I have to keep a concealed weapon in plain sight but we'll be working through that as Ohio's ccw law is still in it's infancy and subject to revision.

Bob, not so much confidence, more agitation. I tell ya, those damn strippers poured too much alcohol down my throat Sat. night. Just felt a bit more comfortable that I'd gone ahead and loaded the gun before leaving instead of carrying it home empty as I've done several times in the past.

One Eye, on occasion. Hey, it beats cooking.... sometimes. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts