Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, pistol gear is awesome! I ordered a 22lb and 24lb on wednesday and had rush delivery in hopes they would get here by the week end. Old school got them shipped ASAP however, the old USPS fisted me and sent my package to detroit- oh well. I figure another weekend of shooting on the 18lb will only make me a better shot with the 24. Anyway, they arrived today. Like I said pistol gear is awesome.

Last week I picked up a hogue grip. This thing is awesome. i love the feel of it in my hand and it seems to have improved my shooting immensely. It was fairly easy to install- slipped it on trimmed it and put a lil rubber cement on the inside- no movement whatsoever when shooting.Also I changed my grip to the one with my left hand on the bottom of my right- also seems to have helped.

This is the first gun of my own and this was only my 5th outing with it. At 25 yds I put 17 out of 36 on an 8inch target. With 4 of em in the dead center for 10 points. I was doing a competition with my friend who is a life long shooter and gun owner. I WHIPPED HIM UP- we didnt even have to count em up- he got owned. What makes it even better is I was using my XD service 40 and he was using a 22lr ruger and he did 1 set with a 357 revolver (we did 3 sets of 12rnds each).

Ok heres where the problems start. I didnt clean my gun after shooting about 150rnds through it the past weekend. Then this weekend I shot a total of 450 rounds through it. This puts me at about 700rnds WITHOUT A SINGLE MALFUNCTION!!!!!!! NONE!!! However; on the last 50 rounds or so I COULD NOT HIT ANYTHING. I shot 200rnds within 80 minutes. Was my barrel hot or just dirty? Was I just not shooting good? Ive heard of losing accuracy because of barrell expansion from heat but I thought that only affected full autos. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I saved a guys life because someone almost started shooting with people down range. I always got my head on a swivel!

Oh yeah, all the bullets ive used are wwb 165gr.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think thats it because I was having no problem hitting the target until the last 50 rounds where i put only 2 of em on the target. It had 200 rounds fired in abour 70 or 80 minutes. and it had about 600 fired since it was cleaned. beats me!

·
Registered
533 Posts
shoot 200 rounds again, when you start missing, shoot from a bench rest, if you are still missing then it is the gun, if you are hitting then its you..

only one way to find out.. shoot shoot shoot..

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts