Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to work out a deal and take this home today, a Nighthawk Dominator. It's freakin gorgeous and I can't wait to get it to the range and see what it can do, the fit and finish are everything you'd expect from a very high end 1911.

On the downside, I'm out of HK's as they (along with a Sig 238 and a SW 642) went with cash to fund the Nighthawk. I'll miss the HK's but in reality their prices are dropping as the VP9 comes out and as much as I like them they're still polymer guns and a polymer gun isn't as fun or accurate (IMO) for ME. I will say that an HK45 is, as far as I'm concerned, the very best polymer gun ever made. The HKP30 being second best. Just excellent guns, accurate, low recoil, nice triggers, and both of mine after thousands of rounds look brand new and brought looks-like-brand-new guns prices when I sold them.

My most accurate 1911 is my SW performance center 1911 (which I think is because of not only the incredible tight hand fitting and lockup, but the titanium spherical bushing), but I've read several things on the Nighthawk that claim the Dominator is goofy accurate so I'm very interested in seeing how they shake out.

With my 4 1911's all being high end models I'm thinking the next thing is to buy a base SA and build one myself just for the experience of doing it.

On to the pics, just cell phone shots for now. I'll have more to post on it when I get it to the range.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Oh my lord that thing is amazing!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Jealous!

I plan on having a Nighthawk in the future. They are IMO the most gorgeous 1911's on the market. Awesome gun!

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I would do unspeakable things to unsavory people for one of those...amazing

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done and very well done, sir!
You called it, it was time to make the jump.

Thanks everyone. Snap's pretty happy right about now.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dev's right, oops. I meant to post in 1911.

·
Banned
0 Posts
That's purdy, and lol snap has more glocks than HK's

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Congrats! That is a great looking 1911!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys, and you might be too attached to your Glocks if seeing a Nighthawk makes you think "hey let's say something about Glocks".

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! :grin: Those are very nice pistols.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Thanks guys, and you might be too attached to your Glocks if seeing a Nighthawk makes you think "hey let's say something about Glocks".
Serves you right for not making it in the 1911 forum!

Go shoot that dude. I wanna see some 25yd sandbagged groups.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Very nice looking weapon!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm very excited and hope to shoot her a bit at lunch today.

And....the P220 Super Match is still coming!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts