Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this article today and didn't see it on here yet. Basically seals up what most of us knew anyway.

Thieves target vehicles with firearm related stickers on them. Some of them even camp out near placed that are known to restrict carrying, in hopes to break into your car when you have to leave your gun in there.

Thieves burglarize cars with gun-related decals | www.wsoctv.com

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
No stickers on my vehicles about anything.

No political signs in my yard.

There are just too many whack jobs out there to bait them deliberately.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
No stickers on my vehicles about anything.

No political signs in my yard.

There are just too many whack jobs out there to bait them deliberately.
+1, plain brown wrapper for everything. Even our license plate frames are blank.

We consider any attention to be negative attention.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Yep, no stickers on the truck as much as I want to. No sliding glass so that back window is begging for something too.

·
Registered
750 Posts
This isnt unusual.. the top 3 target items are

1. Prescription pain meds
2. Technology (Phones, Pads, Laptops)
3. Guns

This stuff is always on their radar, they are just looking for the right set of circumstances, which is why I do not advertise.. I do have a angry owl TNP decal on the truck. I doubt that thugs even know what it means.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's why I drive a prius.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
i have my zombie response team stickers on my jeep, i also never leave my gun in the car since it has a soft top

·
Registered
777 Posts
Anyone advertising the possibility of having guns in a vehicle is asking for a break-in.

My truck is a work truck. The only thing on it are the magnetic signs for the biz. Oh, and a custom license plate that is dog-business related. Nothing pro 2A, religious, or political.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
The only thing on my car is a F*ck Cancer license plate frame.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I live near that garden spot known as Detroit in polite company. If the earth were in need of an enema, this is where they would insert the tube.

My whole adult life, I've displayed NRA stickers on both side rear windows of my vehicles without any problems. I consider it to be fair warning to any want-to-be thugs looking for an easy mark.

There have been warnings from police about leaving weapons in vehicles when attending a sporting event or while visiting a Criminal Empowerment Zone, otherwise referred to as a Pistol Free Zone by the ignorant. I refuse to attend such places because my pistol only leaves my side when it is being shot or cleaned.

99.9% of the time your vehicle will be broken into when you leave something of value in plain sight. Hide your valuables when you're not in your car and usually you'll be fine.

·
Banned
110 Posts
I live near that garden spot known as Detroit in polite company. If the earth were in need of an enema, this is where they would insert the tube.

My whole adult life, I've displayed NRA stickers on both side rear windows of my vehicles without any problems. I consider it to be fair warning to any want-to-be thugs looking for an easy mark.

There have been warnings from police about leaving weapons in vehicles when attending a sporting event or while visiting a Criminal Empowerment Zone, otherwise referred to as a Pistol Free Zone by the ignorant. I refuse to attend such places because my pistol only leaves my side when it is being shot or cleaned.

99.9% of the time your vehicle will be broken into when you leave something of value in plain sight. Hide your valuables when you're not in your car and usually you'll be fine.
i hear you on the lube i live about 10 miles from you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts