Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's behavior one might encounter in a third-world country. These "that could never happen here" events are happening more as we shift deeper into a two-tier society.

Be prepared.

Antioch thieves target drivers who are parked, stopped at intersection

ANTIOCH (KRON) - Some would say when you think of car break-ins, the problem brings to mind San Francisco.

Now, Antioch is dealing with a recent rash of thefts--with a twist.

The victims are in their cars, either parked or stopped at an intersection.

Stopped at a red light, with no place to go, Antioch police are now warning of purse thefts happening while people are still inside their cars.

"These thieves are brazen enough to approach cars that are occupied...is very scary to the victims," Antioch police Lt. Tara Mendes said.

Lt. Mendes tells KRON4 in one case, while a driver was stopped at an intersection, the purse snatcher quickly ran up and smashed the car's window, taking bags right off the passenger seat. Then, the thief got away in a vehicle with no rear license plate or a paper plate.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I think it would be legal and appropriate to shoot this type of thief. After a couple of shootings I think this would be nipped in the bud.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I think it would be legal and appropriate to shoot this type of thief. After a couple of shootings I think this would be nipped in the bud.

No man, this is kalifornia.

You shoot a petty criminal doing carjackings and stuff and you'll go to jail for life.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
Would Car Jacking laws work here? In my area of SW OR USA in the Illinois Valley if somebody smashes in your passenger window even intent on stealing some purse or something they would probably get a face full of pistol rounds.

How does the driver or passenger know the difference between smashing and grabbing and smashing with intent to steal your horse? I dunno.

·
Registered
19,987 Posts
Like I said in the other thread; predators prefer the population become sheep.
I'll add this includes the predators from the government as well as the predators from the streets.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Wait... whaaaat?
They weren't displaying the proper licence plates?
Thats like, illegal man. You could get a ticket for that.
I’ve been here a week. Cars all over the Bay Area with no tags. Typically a new purchase, I assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I lived in and worked in Antioch for most of my adult life, I was on the police department there. Was a nice town. The last time I visited, I thought, I was in a third world country.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I live in Richmond Va. in the mid 1980's, they had robberies there similar to this in some parts of the city. Mostly addicts after what ever cash they could grab quickly.

At this time i believe Richmond had a very high per capita murder rate and high crime rate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in Richmond Va. in the mid 1980's, they had robberies there similar to this in some parts of the city. Mostly addicts after what ever cash they could grab quickly.

At this time i believe Richmond had a very high per capita murder rate and high crime rate.
Small world I now live just outside Richmond, not as bad as Antioch, the last time I was there.

At least I can have a CHP in Virginia.

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
A Bull Dog 3" Charter Arms .44 Special revolver would be nice. Only thing is one would need eye and good ear protection on first before cutting loose. Quite a hand full.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Antioch is the Bay Area’s version of Camden, NJ.

Post-industrial, poor, primarily black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts