Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was vacationing in Las Vegas with my wife. We showed up in the lobby of the startosphere so we could have lunch at the "Top of the world" restaurant to find a guard and an airport style walkthrough metal detector. So, I put all of my belongings in the tray, including my Kershaw pocket knife with a 3" blade. The guard quickly fished the knife out of the tray, I thought he was going to make a big deal of it, but he simply taged it and told me to pick it up on my way out. The part were it gets interesting is when I odered a steak for lunch and the waitress brings me this heavy duty steak knife that had a nice sharp serrated blade that was about 9-10" long overall. I picked it up and started laughing, the waitress asked what was so funny, so I told her they took away my little pocket knife in the lobby and thanked her for giving me a bigger one. (she thought it was funny) I took a picture of it next to my hand for referance and showed the guard on the way out. He didn't think it was funny when I told him it was okay that he took my knife because they gave me a better one upstairs. BTW if your in vegas call and make reservations for lunch and they don't charge you $16.00 ea. to ride the elevator up. The lunch and the view were wonderful as was the service. Then after lunch you can go up to the outside observation deck and do the rides.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would never ride thoes rides on top ogf that thing. Im a die hard coster fan..but id never have the balls to hang over the edge of that thing!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah me either, I don't need that kind of thrill anymore LOL. I stood next to the window that tilts out at about a 45 and looked down. Needless to say the backside got really tight and I found myself hanging onto a beam for dear life. They have the skyjump and while your eating lunch people are jumping off of this thing, I think like 1100'. It's like "how is your lunch hunny? Mine is... what was that? Did someone just jump?"

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Netflix has a series called Bert the Conqueror where he tackles a bunch of coasters. On one of the shows he does all the rides at the top of the stratosphere. I guess they're like $25/ ride and $100 or so for the jump. Crazy stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the Skyjump is $100 and they had a line about 10 deap waiting to jump. Well, until they had a rolling blakout on the power while this guy was about to jump. The crew scrambled to get the doors closed and keep this guy inside LOL. The whole group got shuttled off to a waiting area while they got things back online. I asked the staff if they were going to pay the next guy to do a test jump. Got some dirty looks over that one LOL

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Well at the very least you got it back. If it was the TSA, it would be gone forever. :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts