1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
512 Posts
Well, to be honest, I think they make Glocks look pretty. But, I didn't get mine for looks, I got it because it felt good (kind of like marrying an ugly woman that's a great cook :D )

·
Registered
855 Posts
That Steyr on the first page looks like one part firearm and one part Star Trek phaser. :(

Personally, I think Glocks are kind of ugly. They are terrific guns, and form wins out over function for me every time. But they're still inelegant as hell IMO.

XDs are not pretty, but they look how guns should look IMHO, at least for polymer frame pistols. I love the looks of XDs. Call me vain, but I probably wouldn't have bought one if I didn't.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Most of the people said Glocks though and I agree. I think the XD, like Tim said, looks like a gun should. I wouldn't of bought one if I didn't. I would of just bought a Glock, probably.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think Glocks are great guns, but a little blah on looks. On of the ugliest I think is the Hi-Points. Look like a Black and Decker cordless drill. I love the looks of my XD, but droool over the looks of the XDm's.....sexy!

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
I think Glocks are great guns, but a little blah on looks. On of the ugliest I think is the Hi-Points. Look like a Black and Decker cordless drill. I love the looks of my XD, but droool over the looks of the XDm's.....sexy!

I agree on the Hi-points...ugly a sin and the balance is waaayyy off but everyone I have ever talked to that owns a Hi-point has told be they are excellent shooters if you can get past the looks of them. I personally do not own one but am impressed in with there no questions asked warranty, no matter how many people have owned the gun...they'll fix or replace it free. Another plus is the weight...if you run out of ammo you could always through it...hit em the head and your bound to inflict some damage...it's a brick.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I agree on the Hi-points...ugly a sin and the balance is waaayyy off but everyone I have ever talked to that owns a Hi-point has told be they are excellent shooters if you can get past the looks of them. I personally do not own one but am impressed in with there no questions asked warranty, no matter how many people have owned the gun...they'll fix or replace it free. Another plus is the weight...if you run out of ammo you could always through it...hit em the head and your bound to inflict some damage...it's a brick.
Ha! Thats great. I used to have a 9mm Hi-Point. (My first handgun) I guess I just got a lemmon. Tons of FTF and stovepipes. Drove me nuts, so I sold it after about 3 or 4 months.:lol:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Of all the polymers I like the looks of the XD best. To me it has a look that means business. Functional and clean. But as far as esthetics I really like the elite series Sigs.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Ironic that's on a SIG forum, when SIG was known for the longest time as being a function over form gun - blocky and black with no character. Until Glock took that mantle away :)

I don't think the XD is 'pretty'. It's so related to the SIG and Glocks that it's hard to say you hate the looks of one and not them all. I'd rather XDs adopt a little more of the contoured SIG slide, but that's just nitpicking.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't think any of the poly framed guns are pretty - steel and wood have much better potential for good looks. That said, I like the HK45compact, P2000 and XD the best.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I don't think any of the poly framed guns are pretty - steel and wood have much better potential for good looks. That said, I like the HK45compact, P2000 and XD the best.
I tend to agree with you here. When I think about it, the only autoloaders that I think are really good looking are 1911s or browning hi-powers. Sigs dont really do much for me. And I think Berettas are generally ugly.

Of all the polymer framed guns I actually think the HK usp is probably the ugliest, with the glock a close second (or S&W sigma). XDs really arent to pretty either. Although the XDM is probably the closest thing to a pretty polymer pistol that I can think of.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I love these discussions, personally I love the look of the XD and the XDm's. I also Love the look of that Steyr M (it's one of those that is sooo ugly that it looks good to me things). I have no idea how well it shoots or feels though. And I also like the Ruger P89 and P90's, which most peeps really hate. And of course the classic lines of the 1911's speak for themselves. So now y'all know what keeps gun manufacturers in business and allows for new manufacturers to come along. One persons BUTT FUGLY is someone elses OMG! I CAN"T LIVE WITHOUT THAT! or put simply "Different strokes for different folks". Anyhow just my $0.02 and in todays economy I think that is probably worth what? SQUAT I think is the propper term. LOL, keep those opinions coming and have fun.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I have a 9mm Hi-point compact. FTF is common especially on a cold gun. Seems to run better when its warmed up.
Its a fugly gun. its oddly balanced (altho a full mag helps). Recoil is a bit delayed and really not bad.
I like ruger, but I think the XD has that bulldog sexy to it...

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think the XDm is hideous.
THAAAAAAANK YOU!!! I thought I was completely alone on this one

1 - 20 of 24 Posts