Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the board and just bought my first xd-9 service model on sunday when I turned 21. I've put 250 rounds through it and just picked up 400 winchester 115 gr. rounds from Wal-Mart ($10.97/100...Holy Sh!t).

I am looking for a soft holster with an extra mad holder built in. I bought a Mike's case but it was nearly impossible to get the gun out. I don't need a concealed holster because I am not getting the CCW. In CO I can keep her locked and loaded in my car without the permit. I spend 70% of my day in a place where I can't carry (state property) so there is no point. And has anybody tried that mag loader from the pistol shop this site advertises?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hate to tell ya, but your not the youngest... Im only 20 and I doubt Im the youngest :D Anyway, Ive got a nylon holster with spare mag pouch that came with my gun that sounds like about what you want. I dont know where mine came from or what it cost, but I did see several similer ones at the local gun shop.. just check it out.

Nathan

H

·
0 Posts
I've got an Ace Case holster, picked it up from a local gun show. Just what you are looking for, but I don't know where you can get them. Maybe try a Google search?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Woo man. I'm 22 and I couldn't imagine being married right now.

Even scarier thought than that is that if I'd followed my dad's example, I'd be married AND have 2 kids by now. :shock:

·
Registered
168 Posts
my cousin might be the youngest xd lover he is 14 and cant stop shooting mine he wants to buy one but he cant i told him if he could come up with the money i would get it in my name and keep it at my house until he is old enough and he can shoot it any time he wants as long as i am home he helps me reload so ammo is no problem the only problem we have is keeping the ammo up so we can shoot we got a system thats works good i cast the bullets he deprimes and sizes the case both of us prime i put the powder in and then he seats the bullets he stays at my house every weekend friday and satuarday we get about 2000 done and for sunday we have fun
he wont let me shoot my xd 40
i have to use my glock 22

he says i got him into to many hobbies it started with archery now
me my wife him and his dad is on an archery league we shoot once a week

i got him into shooting pistols

and the newest thing is reloading

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think I have the same Uncle Mikes holster that you do. What I did is leave the gun in the holster for a couple of days, come back to it and push it further in to the holster, leave it set for a couple of days. It worked great for me and now it makes a great range holster.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
mr0w1 said:
Woo man. I'm 22 and I couldn't imagine being married right now.

Even scarier thought than that is that if I'd followed my dad's example, I'd be married AND have 2 kids by now. :shock:
Hell, I'm over thirtysomething and I can't imagine being married now either. Hence the 5 cars, 2 bikes, and a lot of guns. :)

Bachelorhood has its perks. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
CUBoulder,
Check out this site: http://www.desantisholster.com/n87.html
I'm not a particular fan of any holster, but this model is inexpensive, can be converted from right to left hand Inside the Waist Band (IWB) or Outside the Waist Band (OWB). Plus it will hold a spare magazine.

Paul
37 yrs old with 6+one on the way
ooozaa

·
Registered
92 Posts
CUBoulder said:
. And has anybody tried that mag loader from the pistol shop this site advertises?

I just got a speed loader Its wonderful!! it makes loading those new mag very easy..I whould highly recommend getting one..

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
pamato9 said:
CUBoulder,
Check out this site: http://www.desantisholster.com/n87.html
I'm not a particular fan of any holster, but this model is inexpensive, can be converted from right to left hand Inside the Waist Band (IWB) or Outside the Waist Band (OWB). Plus it will hold a spare magazine.
Advisory on Desantis holsters...bought my wife an "insider" for her Sig P232 for Christmas. Nice holster, well made...but the problem is that when "installed" inside the pants, part of the grip of the gun wants to get down below the pant line...the gun sits too low. Look at where the top of the belt clip is (where the top of your belt and pant line will be) in relation to where the grip of the gun would be. IMO, a good IWB rig should present the grip a little better. Looking at the one in the link above, looks like it'd have the same issue as my wife's. Just a heads-up.

And welcome to the freak show. ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Boulder, eh? :wink: Stop by Gunsport Colorado (1707 14th street). Good people.

I like Ace Case for soft sided car carry. They are at most all of the gun shows. DeSantis has a nice IWB w/ an extra mag pouch. Sportsman's Warehouse is another good place. Check out Main St, in Longmont. There are several gun and pawn shops.

http://www.acecase.com
http://www.desantisholster.com/n91.html

I have never been an Uncle Mike's fan.

Welcome!

P.S.
Almost forgot Paulsfirearms.com. Great to work with and will order just about anything.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
some people here act like they are younger :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts