Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there not one already?

I’m curious if anybody owns one yet. I see them in stock now.

Does anyone know why the Elite is cheaper than the regular XD(m)? I cannot figure it out. Better features but way cheaper price? Crazy.

I’ve got my eye on the 5.25. It’s $100 cheaper than the regular 5.25.

Reactions: Knucklebuster

·
Registered
170 Posts
My question is, can I get one of the short magwells from them for my xdm?
I know others make them but, I like the polymer look of the ones on the elite. The shiny aluminum ones don’t really appeal to me for my fde because the black parts on it are all matte or otherwise dull black.
Just curious and thanx.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not complaining.....just sayin....there seems to be sooooo little interest in Springfield in general. I know the Elite is just getting to the lgs this month. But, Ruger comes out with their Wrangler and there's countless posts on the Ruger forum. Springfield comes out with something and....nothin. Even for the Hellcat...relatively nothin.

I absolutely love my XDM 45ACP. I've got large hands and the erogs on the XDM fit me like no other handgun I've owned or tried.

Normally I'd wait a year for anything new before I'd buy. But, I so much like how the XDM fits my hands, and I want a new double stack 9mm. Gonna get me an Elite, just have to find the time to get the lgs.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Does anyone know why the Elite is cheaper than the regular XD(m)? I cannot figure it out. Better features but way cheaper price? Crazy.

I know they dont come with the hard case, holster, & mag holder that they used to.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Not complaining.....just sayin....there seems to be sooooo little interest in Springfield in general. I know the Elite is just getting to the lgs this month. But, Ruger comes out with their Wrangler and there's countless posts on the Ruger forum. Springfield comes out with something and....nothin. Even for the Hellcat...relatively nothin.

I absolutely love my XDM 45ACP. I've got large hands and the erogs on the XDM fit me like no other handgun I've owned or tried.

Normally I'd wait a year for anything new before I'd buy. But, I so much like how the XDM fits my hands, and I want a new double stack 9mm. Gonna get me an Elite, just have to find the time to get the lgs.
You must have missed the hundreds of Hellcat posts, there were several threads with lots of posts.

That's because the Hellcat was a new gun, unlike the XDM Elite. A few new features on the XDM isn't going to get everyone looking for a polymer gun excited, not in a market with lots of excellent options. Springfield and the Croatians need to fix the trigger and do a better job stippling the grip to get people excited IMO. That said I'm looking forward to seeing an Elite version.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No range reports yet?

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
I know they dont come with the hard case, holster, & mag holder that they used to.
I don't think that’s a bad thing...the hard case was huge, bulky, and generally useless to anyone who had more than one pistol...and the holsters & mag holders were cheap POS. If they were able to keep the price down by eliminating that cheap swag...I’d say it was a smart move.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think that’s a bad thing...the hard case was huge, bulky, and generally useless to anyone who had more than one pistol...and the holsters & mag holders were cheap POS. If they were able to keep the price down by eliminating that cheap swag...I’d say it was a smart move.
I put my pistols and mags in carry cases with other pistols. The factory hard case and extra junk are just dead weight shoved in the back of my closet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put my pistols and mags in carry cases with other pistols. The factory hard case and extra junk are just dead weight shoved in the back of my closet.
I was just offering a partial explanation for the price drop. I agree. Those accessories dont begin to add up to that level of savings. I would prefer more magazines and a pistol rug.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I purchased one and received it a few days ago, I have the FDE tactical model with threaded barrel. I plan on taking it out tomorrow. However, one MAJOR downside to the new elite model that I discovered, at least in the ones with the bigger mag well. My current XDM 19 round 9mm mags will not fit in the elite model, they can't go up far enough to fully engage. I believe the baseplate is too big preventing it from engaging the mag release/holder. I really love this gun, just really bummed out about the mag situation. I dont want to start taking a dremel to the base plates to modify them. I keep trying to find the mag extensions that Springfield is using with the mags it came with, I cant find anything. I really dont want to have to put mag extensions on all my mags, I like the way they look with and fit in my regular XDM. I'm not sure I would of purchased the gun knowing what I know now....

FYI - I just joined this forum hoping to find a solution to the mag problem or maybe a place to order new baseplates that will work.

·
Registered
29,572 Posts
I purchased one and received it a few days ago, I have the FDE tactical model with threaded barrel. I plan on taking it out tomorrow. However, one MAJOR downside to the new elite model that I discovered, at least in the ones with the bigger mag well. My current XDM 19 round 9mm mags will not fit in the elite model, they can't go up far enough to fully engage. I believe the baseplate is too big preventing it from engaging the mag release/holder. I really love this gun, just really bummed out about the mag situation. I dont want to start taking a dremel to the base plates to modify them. I keep trying to find the mag extensions that Springfield is using with the mags it came with, I cant find anything. I really dont want to have to put mag extensions on all my mags, I like the way they look with and fit in my regular XDM. I'm not sure I would of purchased the gun knowing what I know now....

FYI - I just joined this forum hoping to find a solution to the mag problem or maybe a place to order new baseplates that will work.
Just take the magwell off.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I still have not handled one. As a big XD fan, I expect I’ll have to have one.

Reactions: Deadduck357

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a new user here, looking for my first real handgun for HD and practice at the range. I have been flip-flopping between the MOD.2 4" and the regular XD-M 4", but then I saw the Elite and like what they've done with it (trigger & capacity). I am now thinking of going with the Elite, most likely the 4.5" since I'm still a beginner and not doing CCW with it. I had two thoughts about the Elite model though.

1. Looking at it, I see they define the 3.8" as "With a compact 3.8″ barrel for concealability". I thought concealability was more about hiding the print of the grip, which is the same very tall 5.75" on the 3.8" and 4.5"?
2. The twist rate is 1:16, where the other XD models were 1:10. So does this mean the Elite series preferences 115 and 124 grain ammunition? I looked at the French bid this was designed for, and that is the weights they use. Nobody has talked about this in any of the (few) reviews I have found.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I just purchased the same gun... its shipping to the FFL as we speak

As far as the mags..... I think Springfield is spinning up another "Gear Up" promotion where they offer you 4 or 5 mags for purchasing a new gun... I'm assuming since you can buy extra mags yet

The XDM-E OSP is not a carry gun for me.... with the extra capacity its going to be part of my SHTF tact set I'm putting together with a LWRC AR

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a new user here, looking for my first real handgun for HD and practice at the range. I have been flip-flopping between the MOD.2 4" and the regular XD-M 4", but then I saw the Elite and like what they've done with it (trigger & capacity). I am now thinking of going with the Elite, most likely the 4.5" since I'm still a beginner and not doing CCW with it. I had two thoughts about the Elite model though.

1. Looking at it, I see they define the 3.8" as "With a compact 3.8″ barrel for concealability". I thought concealability was more about hiding the print of the grip, which is the same very tall 5.75" on the 3.8" and 4.5"?
2. The twist rate is 1:16, where the other XD models were 1:10. So does this mean the Elite series preferences 115 and 124 grain ammunition? I looked at the French bid this was designed for, and that is the weights they use. Nobody has talked about this in any of the (few) reviews I have found.
I overlooked the twist rate... that's awesome

124 grain is gonna shoot nice... Since I'll be using a suppressor, l be shooting 147 grain Winchester Ranget T +P+ which is a subsonic round....

·
Registered
9,503 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, the regular XDM 3.8 compact has the shorter grip, but it is also now discontinued. I was referring to the Elite 3.8, which has the same sized grip as the Elite 4.5.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts