Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I'm the content owner of a XD-9 4inch. Been lurking for a while, but finally decided to join up and contribute a little trivia. Being the zombie horror nut that I am, I recently purchased the latest Resident Evil game, RE4. As I battled my way past nasty monsters, I noticed that the view on one of the game's pistols was very familer. The last 9mm handgun is an XD-9 5inch. While it is called the 'blacktail' and the grip has a different pattern on the grip. Paste the following into your bar to prevent hotlinking issues.
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/571/571376/resident-evil-4-20041206035722405.jpg

Heh, in the game the XD is the best 9mm handgun you can get. Its interesting since the game designers are all Japanese. It makes you wonder.
But this is the XD's first entry into video games where mostly overpriced sigs, beretta's, HKs and the slightly more humble Glock dare to tread. Maybe it'll get into some movies next!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well, it's the first entry into COMMERCIAL games.

That's pretty awesome, thanks for pointing it out!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
My little brother is practicing in auto-cad and claims he'll be able to do the XD when I see him next.

·
Registered
27 Posts
cool of you to notice that :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Severe anorexia :x

·
Registered
388 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]My little brother is practicing in auto-cad and claims he'll be able to do the XD when I see him next.
I'll try to put something together this week. If my workstation wasn't down, I'd have already done it, but instead I have to find time at the office when no one will freak about a gun sitting on my desk.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I'll try to put something together this week. If my workstation wasn't down, I'd have already done it, but instead I have to find time at the office when no one will freak about a gun sitting on my desk.
If you do it, do it right. I mean ALL the pieces. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm working on drawing my XD in Microstation (similar to AutoCAD) for a class at school. I have to put in at least 105 hours into 3D drawings to get 3 credit hours. Hopefully I can draw all the parts of it. Be a helluva lot easier if i had measurements of all the parts though :(

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
You guys should work together. :)

Want a lot of hours? Do the frame. Yay meshes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts