Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I took a pistol safety class (Utah CCW) a couple years ago and that was her first time firing a pistol. At the time, I had a Taurus PT111MilPro 9mm. Not a bad little gun, but had some reliability issues (click no-bang issues). Anyway, we recently traded in the Taurus for a SA XD9sc.

The first time out with it, was her second time shooting a pistol. A little shaky, especially with me hovering around her, etc, etc, etc. This trip, my dad and I were shooting trap and she had the 9 at my new portable targets.

Here are the results at 10 yards:

Yes, I now sleep with one eye open. :)

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
That is great for third time out, especially at 10 yards. We try to practice no more than 15 yards, but lots of times we are inside 10 at 5 and 7 yards. Looks good and good idea on your sleeping.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Well, she killed him, and got more comfortable shooting what more can you ask for.

I school my wife at pistol, then we pick up the rifle and I wear the dunce cap (Farm girl she has been shooting rifles since she could hold one.)

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Well for her being fairly new to shooting the gun, judging at the target id say ... dont mad her mad!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As you can see, she tried a couple headshots and got a little wild there (only time she missed the silhouette), but dumping that much lead into center mass impressed me a great deal.

The best part about it? She has learned enough in her limited range time to where through the entire box of 100, she never had to ask for help, she was completely comfortable doing it on her own, and from the times when I was able to watch her, she was fundamentally sound. And now she's actually looking forward to our next times out at the range. :)

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
:cool: Brewguy, tell your wife that we here on XDTalk approve of her accuracy & shooting. It's good to hear that she seems to have the fundamentals down pretty good.

·
Premium Member
24,687 Posts
yes dear , yes dear , yes dear ,,, i suggest u learn this line real well hahahhahh love seeing another woman enter the shooting sports and self defense world. cant have to many females in them , as they tend to start voting Pro gun . shes got things working well good for the both of you guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.