Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for those of you that shoot the XD and HS2000 pistol a lot.

What is the part or parts that you feel will on average fail or wear first?

What parts have YOU had to replace.

So far my personal XD had not had a problem but it has only had about 3,000 rounds through it.

I would like to hear from those of you that shoot competition and fire a lot of rounds. I know some of you shoot thousands of rounds a year so I wan't the truth and the voice of real experience.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
none yet I'll let you know

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
the "recoil spring assembly" on teh .40s, and then the locking block on the .40s! Both happened to me and have proven to be common blow ups and cracks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I own 3 XD-9s and I have had nothing break. I think the service is up around 10K rounds and my wife's XD-SC is in the 5K range at this point.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Extractor went bad at about 5k rounds in my XD9. It's at Springfield being replaced now. No problems so far with my XD9 Tactical.

If you plan on shooting in competitions with your XD, keep in mind that Springfield will not sell many parts for the XD line. The only way to get them is to send the gun to Springfield for repair.

:?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Bobby Lee said:
What parts have YOU had to replace.
I've not been gentle with this gun, and nothing is replaced due to breakage.

1 - The roll-pin worked its way out once. That's not a break.

2 - Also, I decided to switch to Don's guide rod before the the weld in the stock guide rod got a chance to break.

-Mike

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've only heard of .40s guide rod breaking at the weld. There aren't many examples that I can find - even on this forum (which is probably the only place you would find this information.) Here's one where a fellow's rod broke in his .40: http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=26776& See 03RangerXLT's message at the end. You could ask him directly for more info.

-Mike

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The guide rod problem is no big deal. I can buy an aftermarket part to fix this.

The thing I am conserned with the extractor.

Is there anywhere to get one to keep as a spare?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts