Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my SC CWP class on Saturday 5/7 and since it was only myself and one other guy in the class the instructor went ahead and did the Utah CFP class for us as well for $20. I put both applications in the mail today so hopefully in about 45 days I'll be receiving my Utah permit and the SC permit in 90 days.

As for the class, it was very informative and the instructor made it interesting by not only going through the material he is required to cover but by also telling relevant, and irrelevant but entertaining, stories about his career as a LEO. The material he covered was extremely helpful because it not only gave the laws relevant to carrying a concealed weapon or defensive shootings, he also gave a lot of case law that expands our rights her in SC. Finally, the instructor, was able to give me some practical tips about how to improve my groupings.

Overall the class and instructor were great. Even if SC does institute constitutional carry like the law being planned will do, I will still recommend to friends that they take the class to get their CWP. There is too much good info that will be missed, plus they'll miss out on the opportunities to carry in other states and skip background checks for future firearms purchases.

The only thing bothering me now is that I'll be able to carry in several states before I can carry in my own since Utah's turnaround time is faster. :( :twisted:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats. I'm waiting on my CWP from SC too. SLED received my app on March 7 and looks like I'm gonna have to wait the full 90 days

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So my envelope to SLED came back today for being $.05 short on postage. I mailed it on 5/9 and it was in my mailbox today, 5/23.... I took TWO WEEKS for the envelope to go from my house to my house. That is f***ing ridiculous. It only take my netflix 1 day to go to Columbia, how does it take 2 weeks for it to come back to me? :mad: :rolleyes:

I also assume my Utah application will come back in a month for being $.05 short as well. This is why the post office is failing. F**kers.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Utah cashed my check yesterday. Hopefully I'll be seeing my permit in the mail within the next month. Still 90 days out for Sc though :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Utah Permit was in the mail today! I'm now licensed to carry in 33 states!!! :) But not in my own yet. :(

I wonder if the 2 hour drive to Savannah is extreme for a WallyWalk...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts