Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my lower receiver and LPK from Spike's Tactical, now the agonizing wait begins. From what I've read, I could be waiting a few months...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I don't know why anyone would order a spikes from Spikes Tactical and wait, when you can buy a spikes lower from Aim Surplus, in stock, for $79.95. The only reason I own 2 spikes tactical rifles is because I got the parts at a good deal from Aim.

Spike's Tactical AR15 Lower Receiver

They also have 14.5" uppers in stock. 16" 5.56x45 not in stock but I'm sure they will be soon. 5.45x39 midlength uppers are in stock.

·
Premium Member
127,714 Posts
Anticipation is part of the thrill!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I don't know why anyone would order a spikes from Spikes Tactical and wait, when you can buy a spikes lower from Aim Surplus, in stock, for $79.95.
I question this too. Although I haven't picked up a lower yet to start my build, you can easily find Spikes lowers at lots of other merchandise sites. I even saw 3 at a gun show recently for $99 each. (the spikes, the punisher, and zombie)

·
Registered
43 Posts
^^Agree 110 percent. I have a buddy who has been waiting for a spikes upper for over 12 weeks now. Instead of going direct I shopped around for who had parts in stock, and completed my total spikes build in 13 days from start to finish. Im not very patient at all.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could I have done it cheaper? Absolutely. Could I have had it faster? Most definitely. Could I have assembled it properly? Maybe, maybe not. I know there are lots of great tutorials on how to assemble lowers, but I didn't want to take the chance my first time out. I'm in IT, so the only tool I own is a screwdriver. I didn't want to risk not being able to assemble it myself or damaging it during assembly because of a lack of tools or knowledge. Besides, I am very patient and I just got a huge bonus at work so the money wasn't an issue either!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Could I have done it cheaper? Absolutely. Could I have had it faster? Most definitely. Could I have assembled it properly? Maybe, maybe not. I know there are lots of great tutorials on how to assemble lowers, but I didn't want to take the chance my first time out. I'm in IT, so the only tool I own is a screwdriver. I didn't want to risk not being able to assemble it myself or damaging it during assembly because of a lack of tools or knowledge. Besides, I am very patient and I just got a huge bonus at work so the money wasn't an issue either!
I agree with what you are saying if all you own is a screwdriver. But you can get completed spikes lowers on tons of sites too. Same with the uppers. Patience is great, I am glad you have tons of it. Money, even if it is a bonus doesn't come easy all the time. Just seems to make more sense to save money where and when you can. But maybe the receipt that Spikes sends with the order is worth the wait and the money! :p

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with what you are saying if all you own is a screwdriver. But you can get completed spikes lowers on tons of sites too. Same with the uppers. Patience is great, I am glad you have tons of it. Money, even if it is a bonus doesn't come easy all the time. Just seems to make more sense to save money where and when you can. But maybe the receipt that Spikes sends with the order is worth the wait and the money! :p
If not the receipt, then maybe the sticker! ;)

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congratulations on the Spike's lower with the enhanced LPK..I'm sure you'll love it and do whatever works for you...:)

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
^^Agree 110 percent. I have a buddy who has been waiting for a spikes upper for over 12 weeks now. Instead of going direct I shopped around for who had parts in stock, and completed my total spikes build in 13 days from start to finish. Im not very patient at all.
I agree, I am impatient when it comes to waiting on things I ordered, I like to buy direct or local if i can to get it right then and there. I mean everything I bought for my AR, I got at one local gun shop (Freedom Gunshop, Greenville, SC), Everything was in stock, great shop and the owner is a good friend of mine. All I got off the internet was my Fenix Flashlight and my GG&G EOTech Infidel Lens cover. My rifle consists of what I call "bolt-on's" and the only internal modification is a set of JP 3.5lb Trigger springs.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I just ordered my lower receiver and LPK from Spike's Tactical, now the agonizing wait begins. From what I've read, I could be waiting a few months...
Congrats, I want to build my next rifle, I think I might get the same to start with, we shall see. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you are done, what do you think you will go with for your upper?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got the email from Larry at Spike's Tactical, my complete lower has shipped! It's only been 11 days since I ordered, so this was a welcome surprise. I actually thought it was an error, so I called Larry and he verified that it did indeed ship. Should have it next week!

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can build your rifle from parts in NY? Part of the reason I didn't move back home was because of all the restrictions. Maybe I'll consider a 2nd opinion

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I ordered two lowers from Spikes and it took me ten weeks before they finally shipped mine. Kind of a long wait but it's not like the lower was the last piece of my build...I still have a ways to go so I didn't mind the wait too much.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts