Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I think it is under estimated as to how far the older generation is willing to go to defend freedom....not only for their selves, but for the grandkids and great grandkids. Society in America is a piece of crap that is going lower than whale poop daily. Will we ever again see a normal pre Covid life style or a conservative president fairly get elected? Packed SCOTUS with liberal judges is a real and scary reality. Jan 6th was a mistake.....or was it a dry run? What it accomplished is yet to be seen, but if the intent was to be a insurrection....it was it was only surpassed in idiotic planning and a mass failure in carrying the plan out by the Bay of Pigs fiasco!

·
Registered
816 Posts
In the back of my simple mind I saw this coming many years ago but didn’t know what to call it or if it was just rare cases. Maybe those early incidents were just test runs. Mostly noticed it coming from (big surprise) liberals acting smug and just pushing your buttons to see what reaction they could get. Then if you lashed out they would turn fearful and blame you for being the aggressor all the while drawing attention from anyone around. This has been brewing for a long time and now with cameras everywhere they have another weapon. As much as I hate to admit it, the left is very organized, almost cult like. But if you keep poking the Tiger, eventually someone’s gonna get hurt.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
In the back of my simple mind I saw this coming many years ago but didn’t know what to call it or if it was just rare cases. Maybe those early incidents were just test runs. Mostly noticed it coming from (big surprise) liberals acting smug and just pushing your buttons to see what reaction they could get. Then if you lashed out they would turn fearful and blame you for being the aggressor all the while drawing attention from anyone around. This has been brewing for a long time and now with cameras everywhere they have another weapon. As much as I hate to admit it, the left is very organized, almost cult like. But if you keep poking the Tiger, eventually someone’s gonna get hurt.
Yep yep yep yep and yep again

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I think that Jan 6 was just a mess. I don't think it was a dry run, or anything other than a bunch of kinda pissed people who got out of control. Maybe with some "inside" type pushing to go further than anyone really had planned while at the protests.

However, I agree with you guys and "poking the tiger." At some point, all these people who are well armed, well trained, and just want to be left alone are going to get pushed too far. I don't think it will be that they want to completely ruin the county, rather get back to what we were founded on...... call them OathKeepers, III'ers, Patriots.... whatever. The worst part that I see though is that so many people who have the ability to prevent this, (Law Enforcement, Military), are run by politicians and too many in uniform are "just following orders." At some point, they will need to face the facts that the real threat is coming from DC and the state leaders who are the danger. My hope would be that they would not follow orders to enforce an action on their countrymen who want to fix things, but, as we have seen with the FBI, CIA and pretty much every other organization over the last few years...... that hope may be baseless. I am not comfortable at all with what I see happening in the coming years.

·
Administrator
17,192 Posts
Must be a slow news day. Author is trying really hard to make a story here. Fear sells...

·
Registered
816 Posts
That Jan 6 ordeal was weird. There is a lady that lives here that said her daughter was back there. She told her that most of the people were very calm, friendly and just there to show support for Trump. Then all of a sudden a “group” shows up and starts making trouble. What she said was odd was that most of the MAGA hat’s that the agitators were wearing looked like they were brand new and just unfolded. Like they were Just handed out. She also noticed what looked like Antifa markings on some, tattoos or something. When these guys showed up they pretty much started pushing everyone else into the building. She said she was able to roll off to the side and not get swept up into the mess but noticed some of them were actually gathering people and pushing them forward. I’m sure there were some others that were there just to be there but got revved up, really pissed and these other guys just added fuel to the fire to set them off.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Politically sanctioned violence?

Like rioting/burning/looting in the the big cities night after night after night while the police are told to stay back and let it go on? While the MSM pretty much either ignores it or lies about what is going on? Peaceful demonstrations with burning cars and buildings in the background? Political leaders in Congress/Senate going to the sites of these riots and telling people to do more of it?

Nah. Wouldn't happen here in the good old US of A. Right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
They threaten our 1st Amendment and we rattle our sabers. They threaten our 2nd Amendment and we rattle our sabers louder. I believe when they take food off our tables, via 45+% unfair income taxes, huge gun/ammo taxes, $7.00/gallon gasoline ...... , THAT, is when you will see real insurrection..... and rightfully so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts