Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my CCW class today and I have to say, I was really impressed with both the class and my performance. I was having issues with the jerking the trigger and everyone I had talked to had always said "slow down, slow down" and it wasn't clicking for me.

The instructor instructed me to focus on pulling the trigger straight back with consistent pressure. Focusing on this rather than just "slow down" brought my groups up and center! So if you are struggling with the typical low left, perhaps try thinking of it a different way to correct the problem.

Oh, and the XD performed like a champ. Only had one (and my first) malfunction. Stovepipe doing weak hand drills (which was totally my fault for too much wrist break). And it may or may not have been the envy of the class :cool:

·
Premium Member
24,705 Posts
Took my CCW class today and I have to say, I was really impressed with both the class and my performance. I was having issues with the jerking the trigger and everyone I had talked to had always said "slow down, slow down" and it wasn't clicking for me.

The instructor instructed me to focus on pulling the trigger straight back with consistent pressure. Focusing on this rather than just "slow down" brought my groups up and center! So if you are struggling with the typical low left, perhaps try thinking of it a different way to correct the problem.

Oh, and the XD performed like a champ. Only had one (and my first) malfunction. Stovepipe doing weak hand drills (which was totally my fault for too much wrist break). And it may or may not have been the envy of the class :cool:

sounds like your doing fine man practice practice is the key.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts