Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in celebration of renewing my CCW permit today, took my CCW out to the range......shot 250 rounds through my XD40 and did not miss a beat..and the trigger has smoothed out very nicely......not that it was bad to begin with...

here she is all cleaned up and ready to go back out:p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats, sounds like you had a good time. I've only got 150 rounds through my 45 but I'm curious if Ill notice the trigger change.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats, sounds like you had a good time. I've only got 150 rounds through my 45 but I'm curious if Ill notice the trigger change.
thanks......not that the trigger was horrible from the beginning, but it has definitely smoothed out......i have found that with just about any new gun, no matter the brand, the trigger starts out kind of gritty, then smooths out after use...........

·
Registered
40 Posts
After about 1000 or so rounds in my XD9, I felt like the factory trigger was smooth but just too heavy. I wasn't sure if I was going to be shooting the gun enough to warrant buying whole trigger kit so I bought a PRP sear spring/trigger spring set instead.

I installed both and the pull was significantly lightened but the trigger was loose in the frame. I ended up just using the PRP sear spring and now the characteristics of the trigger pull is exactly like factory except for maybe a good pound or so lighter. For a few dollars, it has made a pretty noticeable difference at the range.

If anyone is interested in keeping their trigger components mostly stock but is just looking for a slightly lighter pull then I highly recommend going this route.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
If anyone is interested in keeping their trigger components mostly stock but is just looking for a slightly lighter pull then I highly recommend going this route.
That's the beauty of the PRP kits. You can buy the whole thing and install the parts you want, saving the others for later when you might want them.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Once you get about 600-800 rounds through it you should notice an significant improvement. If your not sure, pull the trigger on a new one at your LGS and you'll know for sure. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
931 Posts
At the 200-300 mark, I noticed some improvement. Then after 500, I noticed more improvement.
I now have 2600 rounds downrange and IMO, the trigger is very smooth. I don't mind the pull weight or any other characteristics of the trigger. I have no intention of doing a trigger job. I am very used to and comfortable with the trigger and can definitely drive nails with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I guess now I have to go shoot mine a bit more. Only put maybe 300 thru it so far. This make me encouraged for the future!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts