Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Sphinx SPD from my FFL and snapped a few pictures. First impressions are excellent, it's an incredibly precise gun worthy of its Swiss heritage. Tight as can be and if you look at the picture of the internals it's perfectly polished and machined. Very comfortable grip with the panels it came with and there are 2 others to check out when I have a chance. The trigger is very light and crisp in SA mode, DA feels like around 10 lbs and in decocked mode it's a very short DA pull (what you'd expect from a CZ based gun). It looks a tiny bit bigger than a G19 size wise so if I really like it I could make it a carry gun.

The gun has a polymer bottom, aluminum mid section, and steel slide, but you can't see any seems between the 3 materials. Very solid feeling gun.

I'm looking forward to shooting it this weekend and will post range results when I can.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
Nice....can't wait for the range report.

I told my wife I needed another gun cuz you just got one....

She said OK, as soon as she gets another diamond ring.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I just got off of the phone with this company and hope to get some molds from them so that we can start making holsters for their line of firearms..

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got off of the phone with this company and hope to get some molds from them so that we can start making holsters for their line of firearms..
I'd be open to letting you mold from my gun in exchange for a holster...

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Looks very nice. Would love to see a range report when you get a chance!

Which model is that?

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let's see how well it runs now. Everything I've heard about the company is damn do their pistols shoot.
I'm going to shoot it against my Sig X5, CZ75b, and EAA Witness Match Elite. 3 guns I absolutely love.

We'll see how it does against them.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Enjoy, looks solid.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Very nice gun, congrats. I'll be interested in your range report, this is one gun I've got on the short list.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Looks like a CZ humped a Sig!
Keep us informed.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Awesome, can't wait for the range report. Mine won't be here till next week.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Saying it's a cross between a Sig and a CZ works for me, they're 2 of the best guns ever made.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts