Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just put my first xd40 in layaway at gander, and not sure if I chose the right pistol from what I have been reading about the jamming problems every body is having. Any input would ease my pain. Thanks dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
My friend got a XD40SC, and I got the XD9SC. She had 1 FTF but that was from limp wristing the pistol the first time she shot it. 500 rounds later she hasn't had a problem with it since. 1K rounds thru mine and I haven't had any issues yet.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Everybody??? thats just nonsense, the people with issues will post to try to find a solution. Those with none you will never hear from. when I first purchased my XD I thought the same thing, until I read the threads where everyone was saying that posting " I've had 100% reliablity in X-amount of rounds" wasn't helpful to the person with issues.

this is a relatively small site, and if you search past thread syou will see that there are a few with issues who just don't take advantage of the LIFETIME WARRANTY, and continue to post about there problems.

I have only heard good things about sprinfields cust. service and that they have fixed 99% of problems that werent user or ammo related.

That said I have about 1K rounds through my XD-40 without even a hiccup.
You have not made a bad decision. If AFTER you purchase you find you dont like theXD (highly unlikely) I will be happy to buy it from you and take advantage of the warranty!!

You will love the XD like so many allready do.

·
Registered
268 Posts
mine runs great! just clean it once in a while and you will be just fine. I love all my XD's

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the XD9 Taxtical and I love it. I have two friends that have the XD40 and they haven't had a single problem. Bottom line is you will not be sorry. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
OK,im new to this fourm but iv had my xd-40 for about 5 months now.Heres is the only problem i had with mine and that was when i bought 3 extra mags from ProMag.thats when the problems started with FTF ,got rid of the mags and found a local place that had sprigfeild xd mags and bought them and now the FTF problem is gone,went out yesterday with 7differant makes of ammo,100 rounds of each, they were American eagle,wolf,WWB,Speer Lawman,UMC,and Lellier&bellot,they were the 155 to 165 grain variaty had no FTF from all the ammo that included rapid fire three clips at steel targets,even mix loading the clips with differant makes .also have a sprigfeild 1911 A-1 did the same testing with it with no problems.So guess what im saying is ,stick with the factory mags or chip macormicks,and stay away from the promags,,if it was just one of the three i bought then i wouldnt think much of it but it was all three causing FTF problems.
One other thing,my 14 y/o daughter took the gun safty class with the xd-40 and out shot the adults out to 10 yards ,instructor was so impressed with her he didnt charge me for her class but ask me to get her a 22 to shoot instead but she would rather shoot the x-40 and even better she loves the 1911.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i forgot to say that i have over 4000 rounds thru the xd now,just added grip tape to it so i can start shooting the idpa matches and highlighted the XD-40 with whiteout so the glock folks can see what is out shooting them easier

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Dave, ya did good, you'll love it and you won't regret your decision with the 40. I've only got about 300 through mine, had it almost a month, and no problems w/ftf or fte. Have run mostly wwb 165's and about 8 rnds of hornady taps in 155. Just make sure you pick up a speed loader, the last 2-3 rounds are tuffys. I'd rec. the adco super thumb or one without the lever, I first had the HKS with the lever and it would bend like it was about to break, so I had a buddy pickup the adco and it's working out much better!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Hunter don't be discouraged you'll love your new gun. I have two XD's 9 and 40.. 10,000+ rounds through the 9 zero problems and 7,000+ through the 40 zero problems both feed anything I put through them...Even did a test on the 9 3,000 rounds without cleaning...I have no doubt you'll love it

·
Registered
539 Posts
hunterbynature...

I have a 40 in the service model and have shot in the ballpark of 3500 rds through it with pretty much no ftf or fte. However, i just had my trigger go limp on me this weekend which has me seriously questioning the xd's reliability. The jury is still out on this one though... and i will be sending it to Springfield tomorrow for them to check it out and most likely have it repaired under warranty. I have yet to hear of anyone having this problem on this board so i might just be unlucky that way. I will be happy to let you know the results of this particular ordeal once i hear from SA after they inspect my gun.

That having been said... i have until this incident thoroughly enjoyed the xd. Nothing i've had my hands on felt as comfortable to shoot. As of late, my shooting has been improving alot and i am seriously dissappointed to have to part with it from these coming weeks for its repair. I just bought a case of wwb from walmart so i can spend some serious time at hte range, but that will have to wait... or be shot through my usp. All in all... if i had to do it all over again... i think i would still get the xd. Thats just how much i love it. As for my choosing it for a carry weapon is now questionable.

My recommendation... keep the xd... shoot it... enjoy it. You'll be happy with your purchase, i'm sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello every body, got my xd40 service out last friday. took it out to my sisters farm saturday and shot a few rounds, had my brother with me and he also shot it, rapid shot it at that. This is my first pistol I have owned , but have shot plenty of pistols. I have to tell all of you that I really enjoy my xd40. My brother enjoyed shooting it so much he said he is going to purchase one also.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Sounds like a good time had by all. Shoot safe and shoot often!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
good to hear the news of ur first range visit with the xd. I hope that the increase in sales volume for the xd will be good for the xd owners. By that i mean, i hope there will be increased aftermarket support for the gun. With as much as i've enjoyed shooting my service model, i have a desire to get a match subcompact down the line, and i'd hate for prices on these guns to go up before i can afford to snatch one up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same concerns about the XD. I was reading about jamming issues and getting nervous. However, as I looked at other handgun forums, everyone else was having their share of jamming issues regardless of firearm brand. Here is what I will pass along to you. Guns and bullets are like people at dinner. You may get heartburn and I may not. This XD may like Winchester 115 grain and mine may prefer Federal. You have to try different loads to see which is best for your individual firearm. Am I an expert? Hell no. I am as novice as they come. In fact, today was my first time with my XD 9mm Tactical and only my second time firing a centerfire handgun; my other experience being a Beretta 92F. My XD performed flawlessly. As a further testament, my brother-in-law came shooting with me. He is a S.W.A.T. officer for the local sheriff's department. They use 9mm Glocks. He was impressed with the XD. His first magazine with it was a little loose. His second magazine was tighter than his Glock pattern. As for my patterns, at close range (7 yds) all of mine were in the 10 thru 8 rings, usually a little high and to the right (Me flinching). From 25yds, all were in the black on an standard 25yd official target. Nothing to be bragging about but c'mon; I'm new at this. Don't sweat the jamming issues. One brand of ammunition may work with your gun a little differently and perhaps better than others.

·
Registered
24 Posts
took my XD-40 out of the box and shot 300 rounds with the 3 included magazines not one problem.

that's right straight out of the box.

·
Registered
889 Posts
That's the way it works most of the time, but it's the squeeky wheel that gets the oil, or at least complained about the most, and that's what we hear about most of the time.
Glad to hear everything works.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've only shot one box of Winchester White Box ammo (100 rounds) through my new XD-9 Tactical. Granted, 100 rounds is hardly scientific--and about as scientific to reading anecdotal reports on an Internet discussion forum.

But I had ZERO problems and my groupings improved with each new magazine I shot.

Glocks are said to be very reliable, but when I compared the range's rental G19 to the XD-9, I had several jams. Is that scientific? No. I still think that the Glocks are statistically very reliable and would buy one if I didn't think that the XD is better for me personally at this time.

Enjoy your XD and forget what people (even me) are saying.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts