Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased 2 XD40 mags and I am having trouble getting them to go more than half way into the handle when loaded with 12 rounds, they will go fine with 11 rounds. I did some searching on the site and think I found some ideas about how to fix but want to ask anyone that had a similar problem to make sure. I am assuming that round #12 is not seating deep enough down in the mag therefore causing the lips to bulge out and that is why they won't go in all the way. Do I need to bend the lips in until the round seats right in the mag? Thanks for your help.

Semper Fi

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Load 'em with 12 and let sit for a week to let the spring set. Then give it a try. The spring is probably not compressing fully causing the mag to swell.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right and I have them loaded and sitting right now. As I compare them to my original mags that work fine it seems that the rounds in the original mags all show nicely thru the veiwing holes and on the new ones they barely do show, as they all seem to be sitting a little high in the mag. So I will try letting them sit and see if that does the trick. thanks for the input i appreciate it.

Semper Fi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts