Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people might call it an FAQ but i call it The Redundant Questions Thread...or the much nicer Shopping for a New Gun Thread. Ill get this party started...

1. What is better 9mm, .40 or .45?
2. Which is the best personal defense round in X caliber?
3. My buddy says the XD is just a Glock clone...
4. Ive heard the finish is crap and it rusts seconds after you clean it, is this true?
5. Which caliber has the most stopping power?
6. Glocks rool, XDs Drool YEah!
7. Is it accurate? Is it reliable?
8. I heard it was made in Croatia?
9. Arent they communists?
10. 9mm is for pussies.
11. I shot an XD once but my $1200 Kimber was so much nicer. Why cant your $400 dollar gun be like my $1200 Kimber?

Im sure theres more ive missed

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
LCPL_IZZY said:
Some people might call it an FAQ but i call it The Redundant Questions Thread...or the much nicer Shopping for a New Gun Thread. Ill get this party started...
1. What is better 9mm, .40 or .45? PERSONAL PREFERENCE
2. Which is the best personal defense round in X caliber? SEE ABOVE
3. My buddy says the XD is just a Glock clone...NOT EVEN CLOSE
4. Ive heard the finish is crap and it rusts seconds after you clean it, is this true? NO
5. Which caliber has the most stopping power? DEPENDS ON AMMUNITION
6. Glocks rool, XDs Drool YEah! TROLL
7. Is it accurate? Is it reliable? YES AND YES
8. I heard it was made in Croatia? YES
9. Arent they communists? NO
10. 9mm is for pussies. TROLL
11. I shot an XD once but my $1200 Kimber was so much nicer. Why cant your $400 dollar gun be like my $1200 Kimber? WHY CAN'T YOUR CHEVY BE LIKE A BENTLEY? (TROLL)

·
Registered
281 Posts
1. What is better 9mm, .40 or .45? What, not even gonna let us .357 SIG guys in on this one? In theory, if a person could handle any amount of recoil without a problem, 10mm would be the best bet in an autoloader. No XD's in 10mm though. I exclude the .50 AE because thats not exactly a concealable pistol.

2. Which is the best personal defense round in X caliber? Ranger T, Remington Golden Saber, Speer Gold Dot are all three good choices for defense. In the end you should function test 500 rnds in your weapon to make sure they feed, fire, and eject properly.

3. My buddy says the XD is just a Glock clone. Not really. The grip is designed after the 1911 grip angle. XD's feature a grip safety also. Unfortunately Glock has the upperhand in caliber selection.

4. Ive heard the finish is crap and it rusts seconds after you clean it, is this
true? Not quite, but if you do not take proper care of the gun, it may rust. Then again if you're like me, it'll rust anyways.

5. Which caliber has the most stopping power? .357 Mag has the best real world track record for one shot stops.

6. Glocks rool, XDs Drool YEah! Whats a glock?

7. Is it accurate? Is it reliable? What do you call accurate? Yes

8. I heard it was made in Croatia? YES

9. Arent they communists? Does it even matter

10. 9mm is for pussies. No, its for women and small children. :lol:

11. I shot an XD once but my $1200 Kimber was so much nicer. Why cant your $400 dollar gun be like my $1200 Kimber? Yea but can you pour sand into your 1200 dollar kimber and still have it shoot? Can I run it over with a truck and pick it up and expect to fire? Well????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Guys,

If you don't like those particular topics then use the same energy to bypass them that you used to start your own redundant topic!

LCPL_IZZY, 12.) Starting redundant posts on redundant post. :)

·
Registered
768 Posts
now which one's my rifle, and which one's my gun?
i mean aren't they both for fun? :?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I recommend actually putting a FAQ together then post, sticky, lock

·
Registered
17 Posts
10mm would be the best bet in an autoloader. No XD's in 10mm though.
10mm FMJ/JHP bullets are usually .400, Lead and plated are .401.

40sw uses the same bullets. 40sw was developed because people didnt like 10mm they used 10mm reduced loads they also wanted a medium sized frame.

40sw==10mm short.
some shooters take 1911 pistols in 40sw have the pistol modified so they can load 40sw to longer OAL which reduces pressure though they add powder to bring it up if they want. 40sw brass is cheaper to get ahold of than 10mm.

10mm is making bit of a resurgence

1 - 10 of 10 Posts