Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guide Rod and Spring Kit
XD guide rods come with ISMI recoil springs rated at 18 pounds.
guide rods are not interchangable with other springs,
Service model (4 inch barrel) guide rod comes with a bushing similar to 1911 full length gude rods.
Tactical (5inch barrel) requires no bushing.

For more information, instructions and pictures click here.

Price: $37.00 each 4 inch barrel guide rod kit with ISMI spring on back order.

Copied this from James' online store. Anybody using specifically on their XD 40 Service? I have a Don Rod now but am always interested in trying something new. The idea of the 1911 style bushing intriques me.

http://www.xd-hs2000.com/guiderod.html

Can you use a 20#, #22 pound spring with this setup or are you stuck with the supplied #18? Same springs you use with the Don Rod?

·
Registered
416 Posts
From the website: "guide rods are not interchangable with other springs".
I take that to mean no.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the other brand not Dons.
I have used both springs and have had no problem.
The one thing i have noticed is that the spring is a little longer and it seems to have put a bend in the spring.
I have put 1000 rounds down it with no problems.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
You can put any spring in it really if you wanted to... if you were to tell me what spring and the company I would make it fit. Or if you were to buy a 1911 spring locally I could tell you how to fit it which is not that hard. The warning is really a warning just so people know its not a drop in fit...most people want the drop in fit so if I warn them they wont put another spring in the pistol to potentually do something thats not in the best intrest of the pistol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
don't do it... never doubt Don's Guide Rod.

I bought it a couple of months ago... my XD has never had a jam... until I installed that guide rod. Then I couldn't get 3 rounds off in a row without clearing a jam. Also, it took me and a buddy to put the damn thing in ... and my fingers were screwed up for a day or two. When I'd rack the slide, the spring would grind against the barrel. I called xd-hs2000 and the guy kept telling be it was all about the angle you tried to install it from... after trying every possible "angle," and trying to "turn the spring" I shipped it back to xd-hs2000 (the merchant was actually very easy to work with).

I put my don's guide rod back in (in 5 seconds flat) and haven't had a jam since.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I bought it a couple of months ago... my XD has never had a jam... until I installed that guide rod. Then I couldn't get 3 rounds off in a row without clearing a jam. Also, it took me and a buddy to put the damn thing in ... and my fingers were screwed up for a day or two. When I'd rack the slide, the spring would grind against the barrel. I called xd-hs2000 and the guy kept telling be it was all about the angle you tried to install it from... after trying every possible "angle," and trying to "turn the spring" I shipped it back to xd-hs2000 (the merchant was actually very easy to work with).

I put my don's guide rod back in (in 5 seconds flat) and haven't had a jam since.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
pi-rho said:

Welp! Now we know, know.

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts