Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by the 40S&W vs 45 GAP thread.

I want to know if you could have an XD chambered in any possible handgun cartridge what would that cartridge be?

I was going to make this a poll but I know I would miss some obscure cartridge someone would want to vote for. So give me your favorite handgun cartridge in a reply and why you would want to see the next XD chambered in and after a few days I will take the top few cartridges and make a real poll out of it.

mcb

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it would be neat to see it chambered in the 38 Super, 9X23 or similar long 9mm. Given the magazine dimension work best for packing density with 9mm you could then make some 170mm magazine (27+ rounds) and make a nice open gun out of an XD.

mcb

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
...45 ACP...
-or-
...22 conversion slide and barrel...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They could probably make one new frame and create a whole new line of XD's. Given the fact that the 38 super, 10mm and 45 APC are all of similar OAL we could have two XD frames

The original small frame would be 9mm, 357sig, 40 S&W and 45 GAP.

The new larger frame would be 38 Super, 10mm, 400 Corbon and 45 ACP.

Did anyone ever think of necking down a 10mm to 9mm. I bet you could get some smoking velocity out of that cartridge.

Definitely Ramblin’
mcb

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm so we would really need two new frames to go with the existing two frames. I just remember that the SC frame is different than the Service and Tactical that share a frame. Still is would be pretty cool with two new frame that could expand the faimily of XD by a huge number of new cartridges and really give Block, opps Glock a run for there money across a larger range of products.

Hmmmm....
mcb

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Old School said:
I would like to see a .223 with a 30 round magazine, a handle that attaches to the rail, and a rifle stock. That would be fun.
Ha ha ha
What about the 50 choad?
Personally 22lr witha strike fire would be awsome
I also like 38 super tac :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
mcb said:
Did anyone ever think of necking down a 10mm to 9mm. I bet you could get some smoking velocity out of that cartridge.

Definitely Ramblin’
mcb
Yea, its called the 9x25 Dillon.

My vote for next XD cartridge would be 10mm, but it wont happen.

·
Registered
415 Posts
50 BMG

1 - 20 of 48 Posts