Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say, I really like the little kydex paddle holster SA included with the XDS. It works great for range use. I don't open carry, so that's not an issue for me (it's definitely NOT a retention holster). Very usable. Really appreciate that it's included w/the gun. I haven't bothered w/the included mag holder (just use my pocket).

You really do get a full kit with this gun.

·
Banned
0 Posts
That's funny, I think the gear is a poor excuse to raise the price of the gun. The essential package is a good value but only offered with select guns. I guess it's okay for range use but it's still a pos.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
I may be wrong, but it isn't even Kydex. Thermoformed plastic, IIRC.

But, as long as you keep your expectations low, it works until you get a real holster. I'm with Carl - I'd rather they don't include it so the money I save can go towards a good holster. IMHO, of course.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Holster is functional for range use I suppose but I prefer to practice with what I carry. Xds is IWB ... I have bigger OWB holsters for my match guns. I would have gladly given up two plastic gizmos for just one extended mag.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd have to agree with the OP. Although not the best out there, it works. I did, however, find the magazine holster slid back and forth easily; but the paddle holster does a pretty decent job. I can't say I'd use it for an EDC--I live in Maryland so I don't have the pleasure of carrying, but if that's all I had it would do the job IMHO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't think it's a pos holster. Do you think you're going to get a $60 holster with a $500 dollar gun? I'm not sure what holster I would get if I carry my xds more. BUt the few times I've gone out with just shorts and a tee shirt it has worked just fine. I like paddle holsters.I also carry my glock 21 with a crossbreed supertuc, with no problems. Jmo.

·
Registered
799 Posts
That little holster made the perfect set up to carry my gun in the car. And it got me through CHP class.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
As mentioned, it makes a great mounting platform for vehicle mount...
Heck... It's also a good enough 'starter' holster for those just getting into IDPA/USPSA type shooting.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

·
Banned
0 Posts
Yeah, fwiw, this is the first paddle holster I've owned and I really like it. Very convenient and comfortable. I like that that I can un-holster completely in about 2 seconds too.
That's pretty slow

·
Registered
5,805 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Use it for projects like mounting to the back of a head board or auto seat side panel etc.... A little ingenuity goes along way. As far as carry use it pulls away from the weight of the gun and belt. Heard that it wears the surface finish, but I have not experienced that. Of course, its not my carry holster so I would be the last to know.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I wish they would nix the gear and the giant suitcase container. Two mags and the XDS in a cardboard box would suffice if it would bring the cost down. My boxes just sit in a closet and the XD gear never leaves the case.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My boxes just sit in a closet and the XD gear never leaves the case.
Same here - 3 of those cases and all the stuff just sits there. I have never tried any of it except the gun and mags.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Same here - 3 of those cases and all the stuff just sits there. I have never tried any of it except the gun and mags.
SA should just send it out to customers if they call them up and give them their serial number just like they do now if you want a left handed holster.

They really should downsize the cases and make them out of cardboard as well. I laugh every time someone talks about a manufacture using "cheap cardboard boxes" like it makes a difference once the gun comes home. I always want to respond with "Buy a simple padded case if you haven't bought some kind of safe yet."

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its not bad at all for the range & being included ..... it completes the presentation package when you first open the case....jmo

1 - 20 of 33 Posts