Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my experience so far with the OC Custom Trigger: I have just finished install and have yet to fire any shots.

Customer Service: I ordered this trigger online on 1/5 and received on 1/16. OC did notify me that it was on a delay and would not compromise quality for fast shipping. I received a notice on 1/12 it had shipped and arrived before I had tracking info.

Parts: OC uses oem glock parts and modifies it with their pre travel adjustment screw. I ordered the smooth face trigger with the red safety tab (they offer many colors). The oem parts came pre polished to a mirror finish, just as any glock trigger job would. I would say the install went very easily, even for someone who's is not familiar with glock internals. However there were no instructions on dropping the trigger assembly and bar in. The kit only includes the trigger group, a small Allen wrench and instructions on adjusting the pretravel screw.

Results: This trigger dropped the pretravel to approximately 1/16th inch or slightly more. It can be fine tuned with the pretravel screw but I could not achieve better results after a certain point. The over travel is nearly unnoticeable with this setup as well.

Overall I feel this is an excellent upgrade for $40. It does not include any reduction springs but all pre and over travel issues are addressed with this upgrade and the polish job helps as well. I will post results of the trigger upgrade after my next range session.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thanks for the review! Is this a carry, home defense, or range gun?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took the 19 out to the range yesterday. The trigger is significantly easier to fire faster. It helped in reducing my group size while firing at a semi fast rate. Overall, I put 95/100 in the 9 and 10 rings. No pics guys sorry. Follow up shots are much easier and reduced movement helped stay on target much easier.

Honestly this upgrade increased my shooting more than expected as I have never used and aftermarket trigger in a pistol.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Yes it's a stock connector. May pick up a 3.5 ghost.
I've ran a Ghost and Lone Wolf 3.5# connector, and I recommend the Lone Wolf.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Why so DJ?
I freakin' love this one...gotta steal it ;)

The Ghost 3.5 connector always felt like it was 'binding' the trigger pull, giving it an almost heavy feel, definitely not smooth. The LWD connector yields a nice smooth pull. I tried the Ghost in my 26, 19, and 22, all with the same results. I have a few friends that run and they like them, just didn't work for me.

The LWD connector, 6# trigger spring, and a good polish of the internals gives me a nice smooth pull of 4.75-5 pounds, depending on the gun.

FWIW, I tried the "Double Diamond" connector from Glock Store. Stay away from that one, it felt worse than the stock connector.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I'll try one too. My Ghost 3.5 evo elite sure is sweet though...
That was the one that I tried to order for my 34 but somehow when I ordered I clicked on the wrong on and ended up with Rocket. It's okay but I am not overly impressed with it compared to my 19 that just has the original Ghost connector. I just put the Ultimate in my 21 but that was because it was the only one the shop I went to had in stock. I want to try an Edge. And a Lone Wolf now...

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
I'll try one too. My Ghost 3.5 evo elite sure is sweet though...
I think I'll try one of these OC triggers in my OD Glock 19, and I may buy an Evo connector to try out with it. How much trouble was it to fit the Evo?

I think a trigger with minimal take up and overtravel would be a sweeeet range gun ;)

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Why so DJ?
Unless you get the Ghost Ultimate, and not the Ghost Rocket with the tab that you file off, then the Ghost will be mushier than the LWD. I'd also be interested in knowing for certain that the firing pin safety still works, after the pre-travel is adjusted out.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.