Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
"I've been so swamped with the store this week that I dont have time to get to the range. I gave the pistol and a box of ammo to a friend and asked him to try it out"

They must be very good friends.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't you know it? That sucker works perfectly. Of course.

Meanwhile, those (equally stupid) torture tests on the Sig P220 Combat go unnoticed.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Somebody should do this to their XD. Let me know how it goes!;-)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I don't get.

"Do it to the XD!"

An XD already passed the GLOCK torture test, after firing thousands of rounds before the test. Guess that's not enough to impress GLOCK-o-philes.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I wonder if this guy ever got his glock working again. Good thing the inmates didn't get a chance to refurbish it.

Officer's Lost Gun Found 8 Years Later
By: Crystal Britt

BOLLINGER COUNTY, Mo. - Lost and found, a Cape Girardeau police officer gets a call he never thought he'd get. His service weapon disappeared back in the summer of 2000, and now it's re-surfaced.
Detective Shawn Davis actually blames his brother. Eight years ago they were both working as deputies for the Bollinger County Sheriff's Department. Davis says they shared a patrol car and a gun. One morning his brother set the gun on top of the car and drove off.
"He'd come to work at the sheriff's department. I'd supplied him with a handgun until he could buy his own," said Shawn Davis.
Davis says his brother Kevin got up one morning to make the drive down Highway B to work in Marble Hill.
"Went out and laid it (the gun) on top of the car and forgot it," said Davis.
On his way to the sheriff's department he remembered the gun.
"He had to come back and tell me what he'd done and we started looking for it. We looked for four days," said Davis.
After those four days, he went and filed a lost or stolen report. As time passed..."Pretty much forgot about it," said Davis.
Last week an inmate crew from the Charleston Correctional Center worked that same stretch of Highway B clearing brush. According to the Bollinger County Sheriff's Department, a supervisor came across something black and shiny in the weeds.
"Kevin called me and said...has the sheriff's department called you? I said no. He said they found that gun," said Davis.
Shawn Davis is now a detective with the Cape Girardeau Police Department. He called Bollinger County and described the gun to Sheriff-Elect Leo McElrath.
"He said when do you want to come get your gun? I said I'll be there tomorrow," Davis said.
Davis has the gun now, and he's hoping to restore it. It's quite the story as his .40 caliber glock manages to find its way home.
Detective Davis is working pretty hard on that gun, and says he might even have it ready to fire next week.
As for his brother Kevin, Shawn will have to find something new to hold over his head. Kevin is still in law enforcement working in Clinton County, Illinois where he reportedly has never left a gun on top of his car since.

The Official KFVS12 and Heartland News Web Site | Officer's Lost Gun Found 8 Years Later

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I'm sorry but that is just ate up.

·
Registered
430 Posts
He got the Glock 21 working just fine again.
I'm a big xd guy but I have not seen anything like this done to an XD.

A glock 21 will be in a future.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He got the Glock 21 working just fine again.
I'm a big xd guy but I have not seen anything like this done to an XD.

A glock 21 will be in a future.
I got a G21 and checked it over when doing a pre-first-shooting clean up job. Front guide rail was cracked. Traded it in for an XD45.

Part of me suspects this is all a really clever marketing ploy by GLOCK.

Oh, and like I already said, an XD already went through GLOCK's torture test.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
...Pfft...

There's rust in that barrel... RUST!!!!! RUST!!!!

...But that's impossible right? The Glock is the impervious to everything up to and including the will of God man made super weapon created by the great giver of all things good in this world Gaston Glock. Surely, it's not rust... This must be a forgery!!!

The nature of the torture test mentality will never cease to amaze me. It's supposed to be kept in a reasonable place with minimal maintenance and expel a projectile any time a cartridge is put in the chamber and the trigger pulled. If you're going to bury a gun you trust your life with in the ground as a means of storage, no words currently penned can even begin to estimate that stupidity... Besides if he wasn't able to chamber a round and fire it in the condition he recovered it in, then didn't it technically fail the test? I could let a number of my guns go into horrible disrepair, clean them up, and fire them after. It only proves that he is proficient at cleaning and fixing a horrible abused firearm. Nothing more.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I don't see much point in absurd torture testes, either, but I do know that I've fired tens of thousands of rounds of my reloads through a couple of G21s, with no cracked rails or any other problems. FWIW, Glock would have replaced the frame on that G21 with the cracked front rail, free, regardless of whether the consumer was the first or the hundredth owner, no questions asked.

Any parts that need to be replaced on a Glock can be replaced by the consumer in under five minutes. I'd assume that parts will become available to XD owners, when the number of XDs in service in the U.S. exceeds 1000 units-or-so. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think its just fine and normal to see just how far these tools (we trust our lives with) can go.
Invisible hand-laissez faire-free market testing at its best!!

I'll take advanatge of it.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't see much point in absurd torture testes, either, but I do know that I've fired tens of thousands of rounds of my reloads through a couple of G21s, with no cracked rails or any other problems. FWIW, Glock would have replaced the frame on that G21 with the cracked front rail, free, regardless of whether the consumer was the first or the hundredth owner, no questions asked.

Any parts that need to be replaced on a Glock can be replaced by the consumer in under five minutes. I'd assume that parts will become available to XD owners, when the number of XDs in service in the U.S. exceeds 1000 units-or-so. :mrgreen:
I know they could have repaired it.

But I had just spent what to me is a substantial amount of money on a brand new gun and it was broken before I even got to use it once. I can't just forgive that kind of lack of QC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts