Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the forum hack, we can no longer link to the infamous April Fool's thread involving the Sacred Makarov Buy, but I would at least like to pay homage to this Holy Post. 8)

Has anyone archived the Holy Post? I will see what I can dig out of Kermee. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MrTuffPaws said:
I must have missed that one. :cry:
I think it was on the cusp of March/April 2001, so it was long ago and still has open wounds! :twisted:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Don said:
MrTuffPaws said:
I must have missed that one. :cry:
I think it was on the cusp of March/April 2001, so it was long ago and still has open wounds! :twisted:
I remember that one :shock: - - - Don, you're BAAAAAAD! :twisted:

H

·
0 Posts
Don, I must pay homage! I feel obligated. I read the whole thing pre-hack. It was simply awesome. Amazing. Stupendous. It will never have equal on this or any other internet forum. And boy, did it piss some people off!! Most people involved got a huge chuckle from it, but a few were enraged...

It involved a fake shipment/case(?) of brand new rare model Makarov's at an amazing price... truth came out.... hilarity ensued... threats were made.... bridges burned.... you know the routine.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Well, I snooped around that board, as well as the old HS2000talk board in the WayBack archives... Seems every post but that one was archived. It sucks, because I was staring at the forum section with the link in there, but nooooo. Stupid Internet.

It was interesting seeing TuffPaws' posts, some old-school Don, and Frenchy complaining of urinary tract infections. :)

Click here for the archive.

One post pertaining to it... Part of his setup...

·
Banned
1,546 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
therooster said:
can you guys give us noobs an idea of what it was about?
Member Marko posted a story about going to a gun show and finding a Makarov at a good price, and then the seller having several that he let go at the same price. Within the batch was some highly desirable/rare models, so it was an impressive score. Marko was willing to sell some of them at a good price also. He was immediately flooded with requests and offers, and at least one member HiramRanger bailed on another great deal to go with Marko's. Upon discovering that it was a hoax/April Fool's prank, many had a good laugh, but HiramRanger didn't take it so well.

That's a short version only slightly more fleshed out than HokieMS's. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Good stuff.....

I'm sure it wasn't the first April Fools joke to ruffle feathers, and won't be the last either......

I remember a few years back on a guitar players chatboard one of the members posted that he lost three fingers in an industrial accident, and could no longer play, so he posted his e-mail address and told the membership that the first one to send him an e-mail would get all his guitars and amps for the cost of shipping them.....(and this guy was supposed to have a lot of quality stuff too).....
The next day he posted that he couldn't believe no one sent him an e-mail yet...(about 150 people sent e-mails)....and if he didn't get any responses by midnight, he was going to haul all of his stuff out to the curb for trash pickup....(it was at this point I figured out he was up to no good, but I kept quiet to see how many others would run with it)....
I thought the whole eppisode was funny, as did most of the others, but a few took it to heart, and the flaming started. It got so hostile that the chatboard came close to shutting down, but cooler heads prevailed, a few malcontents were banned from posting, and life returned to normal once all the smoke cleared.......

·
Registered
415 Posts
That is a good way to clear hot-headed jackasses off of a board.

·
Registered
768 Posts
wow don- you only get bumped once a year??

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I think that may have been before me.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts