Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,303 Posts
I am mixed on public use of facial recognition. There is no sense of privacy in public. Anyone can take a picture of you but only in public so I guess having the ability to link that picture to a name/address (DMV database) is the concern. But if you signed an agreement is the DMV that they can use this data that way, you have already given up that right.

·
Registered
607 Posts
But I don’t understand, there are signs outside all federal buildings that say they are gun free zones. How in the world did those people get by those signs with guns??
I’m thinking they need the AI facial recognition when you go to vote also.

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
There is 0 chance that the incoming statist regime will push back on ANY surveillance technology being used against American citizens.
The good of the state outweighs the rights of the individual.
The group over the one.
Yeah, fascism... defined.

Reactions: AwPhuch

·
Super Moderator
16,828 Posts
I am mixed on public use of facial recognition. There is no sense of privacy in public. Anyone can take a picture of you but only in public so I guess having the ability to link that picture to a name/address (DMV database) is the concern. But if you signed an agreement is the DMV that they can use this data that way, you have already given up that right.
What is at issue is rhe 4th amendment. We have the right to travel feely. It amounts to probsble cause. Any police officer can run your plates, but stopping you is another issue. If FR runs "you", I'm sure there is precedent that says that is OK, but what they do with that result is another issue.

This is going to be a sticky wicket... We can use metal detectors to see if you have weapons, but just "seeing"who is excersizing a constituional right, that is a problem. There is no need to see which persons in a crowd use their rights. On the basis of state need, there is none. They can search you to enter places where you are not allowed to go in armed.

·
Registered
58,678 Posts
Sorry, didn't want to start a new thread.
Is this something we should be worried about. I know joey wants to shut down the nation... Virus.
Asking for Me
FB_IMG_1610690302290.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJS180

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sorry, didn't want to start a new thread.
Is this something we should be worried about. I know joey wants to shut down the nation... Virus.
Asking for Me
View attachment 830439

I wouldn’t worry about this at all. Honestly, I’ve seen doomsday warnings along these lines since Obama was in office and they never amount to anything. Do I have proof that this is fake? Nope, but I’m going with my gut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
What is at issue is rhe 4th amendment.
Agreed.
How about RFID chip readers to profile individuals based on credit score and buying habits? Those little beauties can even net people with no online presence.

As l said, l don't think there is ANY surveillance measure or infringement that DC will consider as crossing any sort of line.

·
Registered
58,678 Posts
Thanks for letting me hijack. Thanks for the posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts