Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The best thing I bought for my XDM 9mm 4.5" was my Crossbreed Supertuck holster. I can tuck my shirt in and it conceals the gun so well even my wife sometimes has to ask if I have it on me. Comfortable too!
That and range time of course!

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
I have two mods to mine.

1. PRP drop in trigger
2. Hogue grip sleve

I'd say it's a draw, I wouldn't want to do without either.

I love this pistol. I was just at the range yesterday. I shot 100 rnds through my Kimber Solo which is pretty snappy (this was the first time I've shot it since I added a Pachymahr grip sleve which helps a lot). Then shot 50 rnds through the XDm, it felt like I was shooting a pop gun. While it is unfair to compare the accuracy of the two guns (2.7" barrel vs. 4.5" barrel), the XDm is way easier to shoot faster and more accurately. The PRP trigger plays a big part in that.

Let's not forget the 3500 rnds of 9mm to feed it :) It, unlike me, is not a picky eater, it will shoot anything.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Talon grip

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The newest best thing I bought for my XDM 4.5" was an XDM 3.8" Compact. I switched the frames out and now I have the 4.5" slide on the compact frame. It's the NUTS!
Great concealability and superb accuracy from the longer barrel.
I'm in love with it and not ashamed.......

·
Registered
777 Posts
The newest best thing I bought for my XDM 4.5" was an XDM 3.8" Compact. I switched the frames out and now I have the 4.5" slide on the compact frame. It's the NUTS!
Absolutely! I did the same thing.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Used Dillon Square Deal B!!!

Well, that and a 5.25 for my son so we wouldn't have to share, except now I want the 5.25:mrgreen:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Used Dillon Square Deal B!!!

Well, that and a 5.25 for my son so we wouldn't have to share, except now I want the 5.25:mrgreen:
+1, my reloading press! Followed by a USPSA membership, Warren Tactical sights, and work from Springer Precision.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
More mags and ammo.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I did this with my 3.8c and 5.25

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Springer trigger kit for my 5.25. I think I would rather have the PRP, maybe later.
Just me, 135gr JHP are just a but light for serious SD IMO. I prefer a JHP to penetrate completely or nearly so, from any angle, any size target. The various high end 165gr JHP, light as I will go in a 40.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Springer Precision Trigger makes this the fastest running handgun I own.
Talon sandpaper grips come in handy on hot steamy days.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Another 5.25 9mm blinged and PRP'd for the wife, a Hornady L&L so we can afford to shoot, and not worry about finding 147 gr. ammo, and now a 3.8 XDM 9mm so we can use it in IDPA CCP. Blinged and PRP'd of course with Dawson FO and adj. rear.
JD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts