Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For concealed carry, is there a particular night sight option that is better? I'm thinking low profile??? And I want them to work well for day and night. Thx

·
Registered
230 Posts
For concealed carry, is there a particular night sight option that is better? I'm thinking low profile??? And I want them to work well for day and night. Thx

There may be a particular option that is better for you, the trick is to find it. Three or four years ago, I discovered XS Big Dot sights. I liked them so much I replaced several sets of perfectly functional Trijicon sights. A lot of people whose eye sight isn't what it used to be feel the same way. The profile on these sights is not particularly low, but visibility is relatively good in all light conditions. Make sure your holster works well with the gun and the sights. For me it's a lot easier and faster to get these sights on target - as the gun comes up your eye picks up the big white dot front sight immediately, then it's a matter of dotting the "I" rear sight, which is quicker and less prone to error than centering a front sight in a rear two dot sight.

·
Registered
414 Posts
When you take into consideration all of the properties that make for a good sight on a CC pistol,Meps and the original Trijicons are still the best of the breed.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Theres no best. Just what we prefer.

For ME, I love a .125 wide front tritium or FO with a .150 wide blacked out U notch rear from 10-8. I got my 5 yrd splits down to .63 average with this set up.

XS sights are some I like also.

·
Registered
599 Posts
For me it's a lot easier and faster to get these sights on target - as the gun comes up your eye picks up the big white dot front sight immediately, then it's a matter of dotting the "I" rear sight, which is quicker and less prone to error than centering a front sight in a rear two dot sight.
+1 for the xs sight, very good experience with them on the past, they will be soon on my XDS. Like Carlxds said, the I and the dot concept makes it really easy to be on target.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am using a Ameriglo Proglo front, tritium surrounded by orange like the Trijicon HD's and a Sig Luminova rear, it glows for a short time when exposed to light otherwise it is a standard 2 dot white rear.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
+1 for the TFO's. Had James put them on my XDM 9mm 4.5 and they are awesome.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
arent TFOs a little long for the XDS, with its already small sight radius on factory sights 1/4 the size of the TFOs

·
Registered
22 Posts
TFO's all the way. No issues at all on an EDC weapon.

·
Registered
164 Posts
They are not low profile, but after months of thought and research, I ended up choosing the Diamond Speed Sights. The front sight is slightly higher than stock model, but I think they are just right for my concealed carry needs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have Truglo TFOs on my Shield and Glock 19, Trijicon HDs on my Glock 27 and 30S, regular Trijicon night sights on an M&P pro series, and have ordered a set of Ameriglo i-dot pros for the glocks (not sure where I'll try them yet). After all that I'm still not 100% sure which I like the most. I feel like the HDs are more robust. Depending on the lighting, I can walk through my house and find places where the TFOs seem dull and harder to focus on but the HD orange front sight would really jump out, but then I take a few steps and the HD orange disappears and now the TFO pops brightly.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
My favorite sights at this point are Ameriglo- .125 front, .150 rear notch. I also paint the sight a bright color then clean the paint off the vial. It gives excellent visuals day or night.

While lasers have their pros, they are not a replacement for night sights

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have an XS Sight on the front of my Ruger LCR .357 and I really like it alot. I'm thinking of putting the regular size XS Sight, (not the BIG DOT), on my XDS.

Does anybody else have the regular size XS Sights on your XDS? If so, what are your thoughts on them?

Thanks...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have an XS Sight on the front of my Ruger LCR .357 and I really like it alot. I'm thinking of putting the regular size XS Sight, (not the BIG DOT), on my XDS.

Does anybody else have the regular size XS Sights on your XDS? If so, what are your thoughts on them?

Thanks...
I have one gun with the standard dot (a Glock 22), four with the big dot (including my xdses). I just prefer the big dot because its easier to pick up and see. If you are under 60, you may prefer the opposite. I still like the standard dot better than other sight designs I've tried.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts