Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title was misleading, I know. I just picked up a wait for it... Bushmaster Carbon 15!!!! The gun I've never wanted. I traded an old Ruger model 77 for it. The 25-06 is now gone. Plans for the bushy? To get sold. Unfortunately the model 77 is a tricky sell even at a 450 OBO price point. I traded it off for an easy to sell tupperAR.

Initial impressions... Well it is light. Ummm it's camo... Hmmm it's light.
In all seriousness, not terrible. The camo finish is decent, it looks factory (it might be?). The Bushnell sight sucks, but I feel it will help it sell easier. I had a spare ergo grip in fde which went with the finish pretty good. I was a bit surprised it had a forward assist, but it does. I think I did okay, the rifle would make a fantastic coyote gun, it's nice and light.
It has no front sight, and I'd either have to attach a quad rail, or cut the sling stud and put on an A2.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I would have probably done the trade also. For me I wouldn't really care for the camo on it since I'm not a hunter but I would still rather have the carbon 15. If you sell I wish you luck on getting what you want for it.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheap truck gun... put a F post on it and throw a mid priced ($150-300) red dot on it...
I do have an extra sparc laying around, but I have a designated gun for each truck already. And the lady doesn't want a long gun in her car. So really it just doesn't fill any of my needs.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
I do have an extra sparc laying around, but I have a designated gun for each truck already. And the lady doesn't want a long gun in her car. So really it just doesn't fill any of my needs.
You can send it to me... Ill keep it stored for you!:D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can send it to me... Ill keep it stored for you!:D
You know, nice people like you are what keep me coming back to this forum. Such generosity!

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
PSA is dumping, I mean selling them off for $399.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I totally agree with iron mike.....throw a Vortex Sparc or other 100-150 dollar red dot on it toss it and a small bag with loaded P-mags in the truck under the seat. Great pickup truck gun.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
that $450 AR you have is actually an $800 TACTICAL ASSAULT rifle during the next scare.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
School shooting in Washington today. Anti 2A people are already beating their drums again. I was thinking I would love to have 25-06 but I see that you have done the right thing.

·
Registered
229 Posts
clearly what you have there is a camo PEW PEW terrorist assault tank launcher!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
School shooting in Washington today. Anti 2A people are already beating their drums again. I was thinking I would love to have 25-06 but I see that you have done the right thing.
In all fairness I still have a 25-06, just not the old Ruger. I have my truck gun taken care of. I just can't justify keeping another AR. The lady says "I have too many already" and I'm in the middle of a 458 build (more on that later/don't tell her). So really for me it's a paper weight. It serves me no purpose that I can think of.

But I suppose under the philosophy 2 is 1 and 1 is none I suppose it could be a back up to the pistol and rifle I already keep in there :p

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PSA is dumping, I mean selling them off for $399.
The whole rifle???? That's no bueno. I tried looking, do you have a link?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 29 Posts