Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to thank all of you for the help and info you've given me over the past few weeks.

Here is my EBR...

S/W MP15...

Aimpoint comp ml2, GGG cant. mount, Quad rails, VFG is what I've done so far besides stocking up on mags and ammo.

I would still like to replace the grip, add a magnifier and probably change the stock eventually.

Hope the pics are ok.

·
Registered
328 Posts
That has "EVIL" written all over it.

Citizens should not be able to own such weapons, please box it up and send it to me and I will ensure its proper disposal! :lol:

On a more serious note...

Congrats on the M&P15, looks almost like mine, only you have more stuff on it.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Sweet. I just bought an MP15 last night. No optics yet, trying to decide what to do. That AP looks sweet on there though. But, Im a rookie here; what purpose does the cant mount serve? Or just personal pref?

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
You should have your scope caps folding down instead of up. When they are folded up, it could block your view in an emergency situation. When they are down, they are no longer in the way.

Love the rifle!

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I would also move the optic farther forward on the reciever so the optic is actually over the handguard. From what I have been told it is better to have it farther forward because it blocks less of your field of view. That is where I have mine mounted and it is gtg that way. I believe that is the point of the cantilever mount...to get it as far forward as possible.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Yes, the optic needs to be moved so that the the base is at the front of the mag well. Otherwise, it looks great !!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You better do it soon! ;)
Oh I will.

You should have your scope caps folding down instead of up. When they are folded up, it could block your view in an emergency situation. When they are down, they are no longer in the way.

Love the rifle!
Thanks and thanks. good advice and I'll take it.

I would also move the optic farther forward on the reciever so the optic is actually over the handguard. From what I have been told it is better to have it farther forward because it blocks less of your field of view. That is where I have mine mounted and it is gtg that way. I believe that is the point of the cantilever mount...to get it as far forward as possible.

will do. figured I'd have to move it forward once I got a magnifier anyway so might as well do it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts