Springfield XD Forum banner

Thank you

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bendbig 
#1 ·
Thanks everyone for all the help on the XDs trigger pull. Mine was so heavy and rough after the recall that it was almost impossible to hit paper at 7yds. I read alot of posts about the Powder River spring kits so I ordered a set, WOW what a difference, I now feel comfortable enough to carry my XDs-45 daily. I have run 300-400 rounds of different makes, even 200 rounds of my reloads and I am ready to carry. Again thanks to everyone that addressed the trigger pull problems and solutions. If anyone is on the fence about doing the spring kit replacement or having it done don't wait any longer it will make the XDs a much improved weapon IMHO.

#5 ·
I just got my PRP spring kit today and I'm almost giddy about starting the spring replacement!

Nice to know that the effort will be worth it.
It's pretty easy. I used a small piece of tape on the pin holding the palm safety spring it will fall out easily, believe me I found out couple of times before I used the tape. That was the only thing that was a small problem. Probably took me about an hour, but I believe now having done it once I could do it in about 20-25 min. Good luck.

#7 ·
No, I didn't call or even think about it (just never entered my mind). I took everything apart before ordering a new set of springs to inspect everything, just to make sure there wasn't something damaged from them doing the recall work. When I saw no issues I just ordered a spring kit from PRP. I wanted a lighter trigger pull and I figured if SA worked on the trigger again it would still be the heavier pull, maybe smoother, but still heavier then I wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.