Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys i'm getting close to 1k and want to do my giveaways diffrent then most, so im doing a few giveaways in different sub forums here on XDtalk.

For here in the SHTF section up for grabs is...

2 Aquamira frontier emergency water filters

To enter... please write a quick summary of what piece of gear you have that makes your preps different from everyone elses, this gear can be weather or climate specific, a specific event you are prepairing for or something that is a comfort to you or your family.

once something is posted another member can not choose that item, so if XXX picks chocolate as a prep, ZZZ can not pick chocolate as his prep.

deadline is 9/11 winner will be drawn from a hat 9/12.

Good luck guys.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I included listerine in my B.O.B. cause I figured if you don't have the water to brush your teeth you can at least swish a little to freshen up your mouth and kill some germs...also I think if you add a little to water it'll help kill some germs and make it safer if you have no other filtration method. But I could be wrong about that last one.

·
Registered
668 Posts
To me its AMMO !!! You can never have too much and it will be a hot commodity if SHTF situation to barter with :twisted:. I have a nice stock pile but can always use more :cool:.

·
Registered
827 Posts
For me, it is Max strength preparation-H. Yes, this is for all of us. You can use it for more than what it is made or intended for. It takes the pain away and has a numbing effect on many type of bites, stings, small scrapes and small burns etc.... and also use it for it's main purpose if needed. ;)

Stay Safe.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
A backhoe, tractor and 280 acres of land.

·
Registered
433 Posts
A amateur radio.portable radio I can reach someone on them.a lot.better then a cheap family walking talki

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
My prep is a WOUXUN KG-UVD1P dual band open freq hand held radio. I've yet to find a place that I couldn't pick up 2m ham, 440 mhz ham, MURS, Marine, Weather, GMRS, FRS, business band, police/fire freqs with this little wonder. I use it running around town, 4 wheeling, hunting, ATVing, camping, etc. etc.

Damn, I didn't see the post above me when I posted.

In that case DUCT TAPE.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
For me, it is Max strength preparation-H. Yes, this is for all of us. You can use it for more than what it is made or intended for. It takes the pain away and has a numbing effect on many type of bites, stings, small scrapes and small burns etc.... and also use it for it's main purpose if needed. ;)

Stay Safe.

Haha, now that gave me a chuckle.

To the OP. I don't think I have anything special no one else has in my gear.

Maybe my anti-bacterial bathing wipes. I figured I'll have a better chance getting laid if I smell somewhat fresh.:D

If nothing else. It will help with cleaning cuts and scrapes to prevent infection.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I'm thinking that most people won't be prepared for an epidemic, but I'm trying to be. I've got a couple bags of tetracycline in the medical BOB, and a bottle of penicillin in the fridge with some syringes and needles. Also have about 100 tabs of cipro in the BOB. Figure if the outbreak isn't viral, then I'm covered pretty well.

For a viral epidemic, I've got some colloidal silver. It's supposed to work on both viruses and bacteria.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have to admit that I carry a tube of Desitin ointment in my BOB and GHB and have since my kids were babies.(my youngest is 21 now) Desitin is for diaper rash but works for any kind of heat rash, chafing etc. It has been a lifesaver on backpacking trips or even if you eat the wrong thing and get a case of flaming monkey butt. I don't leave home without it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
This isn't something I carry, but for a couple of my vehicles I have old point style distributors so I could get something running after a solar flare or EMP attack. They cost me very little, one from Ebay and one from Craigslist. I also have spare parts for the alternators for those vehicles.

Great post to get us all thinking!

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
I built a usb charger. It will run off of two double a's or the 5v solar panel I have attached to it. This will charge any phone that runs off a 5v usb chord.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Did any mention toilet paper?

·
Registered
6,108 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
its not special or exotic in any way but you have to have BANDAIDS, once you clean the wound gotta have someting to cover it DUH!!!

Nice to see some Karma going on..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts