Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide which Texas Heritage to order.

The Half lined model is described as having an extra piece of leather lining to help keep it open for reholstering. Does anyone have this model? Does the extra leather really hold it open or does it just add to the thickness of the holster?

Does the regular model sufficiently stay open without the additional reinforcement?

Is one handed reholstering really a big deal? Isn't quick access to the gun really the main issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lets bump this one back up, surely someone has to know something about the tucker Texas Heritage holsters, both the regular and half-lined versions.

-Ty

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I have a Tucker Fully lined Cover Up IWB for my Para Ordnanace.
The extra leather does keep the mouth of the holster open and the extra thickness is not noticable.

You cannot go wrong with any Tucker products.

Feel free to contact Rob with Tucker...he is full of great information and is a straight shooter (no pun intended) when it comes to representing his product.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
gunnewb said:
I'm trying to decide which Texas Heritage to order.

The Half lined model is described as having an extra piece of leather lining to help keep it open for reholstering. Does anyone have this model? Does the extra leather really hold it open or does it just add to the thickness of the holster?

Does the regular model sufficiently stay open without the additional reinforcement?

Is one handed reholstering really a big deal? Isn't quick access to the gun really the main issue.
The Texas Heritage will not stay open when the gun is removed. It is constructed like a pancake, but IWB.
It is designed for all day comfort and easy access, not for fast reholstering.

Adding the 1/2 lining helps, but not like lining the Cover Up Plus which is a "wraparound" design and stays open when lined.

You can reholster in the Texas Heritage after you learn to find the opening and slip it in. (Kind of like another activity you have likely mastered.)

The Texas Heritage is NOT going to work out when you enter the many Speed Reholstering Contests" popping up at gun ranges all across the nation. :lol:

Hope that helps.
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts