Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think they will have the RA9T ammo at the gun show? And will it be cheaper then $20 a box? Also, my friend is looking into purchasing an XD40 ported. He is 19 years old and heard from someone that you could purchase a pistol from a gun show even if you are under 21. True or false?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't think anyone can tell you what ammo, and at what price, will be at the show, particularly not knowing what show you're talking about.

I think your friend is going to be disappointed. If I remember right, he can only buy a gun in a private party sale, not from an FFL. And I doubt anyone is going to be walking around with a used XD40 ported for sale. Hell, I doubt you'll find one on any of the dealer's tables.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
orc4hire said:
And I doubt anyone is going to be walking around with a used XD40 ported for sale. Hell, I doubt you'll find one on any of the dealer's tables.

aaahh never thought of that. Thanks i'll let him know :roll:

·
Registered
46 Posts
If your talking about the Sexton gun show here in Austin,yes they sell ammo, almost anything you can think of ammo wise that is. But one of the cheapest place i have found for ammo is GT Dist for getting ammo local, im paying 6.95 for a box of 50 Speer lawman 40 or American Egale 40 and 7.95 for 45 and 3.50 box of 20 for Federal 223 55 grain.The Ammo at he gun show isnt really as cheap as you would think Wal Mart is ussally cheaper.But,if you not talking about the gun show in Austin,,never mind :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you live in Houston, come by Carter's Country on Wilcrest. They sells XD40 ported (V10) there. My friend just bought several from them. If I remember correctly, the price was about $479 for the XD40 V-10.

In Texas, you are eligible to get a CHL at the age of under 21 but over 18 if you are in the military (Active/ National Guard/ Reserve). I'd assume that also applies to buying a new handgun from a gun store. It's useless if you can get a CHL but can't buy a gun.

Link for Texas House Bill HB322:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/79R/billtext/HB00322F.HTM

On a side note, only the High Caliber Gun Show @ Pasadena last week sells ammo. The up coming HQCA Gun Show @ Reliant Park (15-16 OCT)does not sell ammo.

Duy

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
FGY33 said:
In Texas, you are eligible to get a CHL at the age of under 21 but over 18 if you are in the military (Active/ National Guard/ Reserve). I'd assume that also applies to buying a new handgun from a gun store. It's useless if you can get a CHL but can't buy a gun.

Link for Texas House Bill HB322:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlo/79R/billtext/HB00322F.HTM

cool. i never read that part of the law cause it never applied to me

(g) Notwithstanding Subsection (a)(2), a person who is at
least 18 years of age but not yet 21 years of age is eligible for a
license to carry a concealed handgun if the person:
(3) meets the other eligibility requirements of
Subsection (a) except for the minimum age required by federal law to
purchase a handgun.

but how does that work? i thought Federal law preceeds State law?

·
Registered
2 Posts
[quote="therooster]
but how does that work? i thought Federal law preceeds State law?[/quote]

I'm not very sure. After all, if he can't buy a new gun at the sore, he can always ask a close/good friend or a family member to buy the new gun then "sells" it to him. :wink:

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
FGY33, oh, you mean a straw man buy as was discussed in Maverick's thread above. Might not want to go that route. Probably better to make sure it is on the up and up. My .02 cents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts